Debate I Comment Thread

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Excellent point. I have developed a tendency to be swayed by no opinions but my own - technically known as "stubborn as a jackass" - but Teaos is right. Subconscious means just that, and commenting on a post could very easily equip a debater with a third-party-influenced counter.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, perhaps you're right.
Which is a pity, because I wanted to bring up some stuff on the Irish bits you mentioned in your post. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:I would like to request that the comments in this thread made by everyone be several restrained until the end of the debate.

It is hardly fair for comments to be made about the quality or persuasiveness of a post during a debate. It is up to the judge to decide what he thinks of the quality and content of a post and seeing comments made about them may unfairly influence his opinion. I'm not saying Mikey will be swayed but he is only human and large public support for one side would be hard to ignore.

If every post is to be analyzed in here during the debate it not only helps the opposing side by giving an out side analyses of it but also sways opinions.

Feel free to rip them apart after it is over.
:oops: Sorry, Teaos. You're right. I'll shut my pie hole until this is over.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Hey folks, I'm having a little problem with internet access now. I'm at my parents house for the weekend because of some family health problems. I will have a response prepared ASAP, but this 23 hour deadline may not be possible. If this costs my team, I greatly apologize. Will work this out ASAP (may be able to get to my girlfriend's house to post a pre-written response.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If there's a problem with your relatives, then that obviously takes precedence over an internet debate. I don't think anyone will mind too much. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Thats all good. Good to know what happening and of coarse family comes first. I can honestly say I don't mind at all but its up to the other team or the judge what they choose to do.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Hope everything works out alright for you.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I would personally lke to thank Bryan for finding the time to post even with his family obligation. Huge credit goes to him for making the time and effort. Hope everything works out well man.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Agreed completely.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Man, this looks like fun. Now that I think about it, I don't feel that I would do a good job debating, mostly because I am not very good at being clear.
However, I wouldn't mind being a judge. I can be very impartial (I frequently play devil's advocate in the arguments here, so I will have no problem leaving my opinion out of the judging).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You may as well give it a shot. We need the people and not everyone is great.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Well, after school is done, I can participate. So probably the next one.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'll try to get a post up soon. I've got a huge paper due tomorrow, been working on it all weekend. And then I have something to do tomorrow but I'll try to get a post up.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good luck on your paper. :)
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Hey thanks all. No major health issue, but dad's got a fracture in his spine. I was home to pack some stuff up for him, because the folks are going on vacation for a few.

And good luck on the paper!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?