Giant Pumpkin Baby in the White House

In the real world
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Giant Pumpkin Baby in the White House

Post by T'Pau »

Is it just me, or does everytime Trumpty Dumpty sits, crossed arms and raging on about his 'wall' and the billions he is demanding for it, am I reminded of petulant children having a temper tantrum and threatening to hold their breath until they get their way?? Oh please, hold your breath and turn whatever color is the mix of agent orange and blue, pass out and be removed..permanently!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Giant Pumpkin Baby in the White House

Post by Graham Kennedy »

T'Pau wrote:Is it just me, or does everytime Trumpty Dumpty sits, crossed arms and raging on about his 'wall' and the billions he is demanding for it, am I reminded of petulant children having a temper tantrum and threatening to hold their breath until they get their way?? Oh please, hold your breath and turn whatever color is the mix of agent orange and blue, pass out and be removed..permanently!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

T'Pau wrote:Is it just me, or does everytime Trumpty Dumpty sits, crossed arms and raging on about his 'wall' and the billions he is demanding for it, am I reminded of petulant children having a temper tantrum and threatening to hold their breath until they get their way?? Oh please, hold your breath and turn whatever color is the mix of agent orange and blue, pass out and be removed..permanently!
It's not just you - he has that spoiled child temperament and conducts his affairs with the utter impunity of a person who rarely has had to face consequences.

Just remember - if he does hold his breath too long and gets gets removed permanently you get Mike "Pray Away the Gay" Pence. I'm no Trump lover, but let's be very honest here - the amount of people who can truly say their quality of life and basic rights have suffered in any significant way under the orange clown is really quite small. I'd be far more concerned about a man like Pence who think's it is God's will that he become president and is as far right as you can get as far as social conservatism.

And for the sake of rational dialogue, thank you for not using terms like "Hitler" "holocaust" "slavery" "Stalin" or any other extreme outlier in human history to describe someone you didn't like - Amazing what rational dialogue rather than rhetoric does - nice to see someone online capable of not taking comparisons to the nth degree (Don't mean the TNG episode)! :P
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Trump is a petulant child who's never really had to suffer for his actions, and has been surrounded by sycophantic yes-men most of his life. It's no wonder he looks like a big child having a temper tantrum-he is one!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

In his penultimate meeting with Schumer and Pelosi, he almost literally threatened to take his toy and go home. We are in the midst of a government shutdown right now because he told them flat-out that he’ll enforce a shutdown if he didn’t get his wall money.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:In his penultimate meeting with Schumer and Pelosi, he almost literally threatened to take his toy and go home. We are in the midst of a government shutdown right now because he told them flat-out that he’ll enforce a shutdown if he didn’t get his wall money.
I truly respect the sheer idiocy of this. Most politicians would have crumbled after a day or two, but he may burn it all down just to be king of the ashes. Now if only there was a Republican who could do this with things of actual value... :bangwall:
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Trump never has had to answer to someone or confer with others or basically needed someone to sign off what he wanted. Yeah he had to deal with government red tape to build or buy stuff. But never had red tape within his own company/organization.

Something like this is foreign to him IMO. That and his ego is playing a part in it. He based his whole campaign on the Wall, and he know that if he doesn't show he did something about it it will weaken his chances for a 2020 reelection.

Though I do think by this point as long as the Democrats bring in someone half decent, they have a strong possibility of getting Trump out of office. Be the first President since Bush Sr. to serve one term.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Bryan Moore wrote:
It's not just you - he has that spoiled child temperament and conducts his affairs with the utter impunity of a person who rarely has had to face consequences.

Just remember - if he does hold his breath too long and gets gets removed permanently you get Mike "Pray Away the Gay" Pence. I'm no Trump lover, but let's be very honest here - the amount of people who can truly say their quality of life and basic rights have suffered in any significant way under the orange clown is really quite small. I'd be far more concerned about a man like Pence who think's it is God's will that he become president and is as far right as you can get as far as social conservatism.

And for the sake of rational dialogue, thank you for not using terms like "Hitler" "holocaust" "slavery" "Stalin" or any other extreme outlier in human history to describe someone you didn't like - Amazing what rational dialogue rather than rhetoric does - nice to see someone online capable of not taking comparisons to the nth degree (Don't mean the TNG episode)! :P
I completely agree about Pence. There is no getting around the horror show that is the White House at the moment. Then again, if he is soooo far right, maybe he'll fall off the edge into the great abyss :wave: Bye Bye, take your insanity with you!

Thank you for the kind compliment about rational dialogue. I agree that it is rare online as a whole.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

The funny thing is, I fall to the economic and pro-military right in most of my views and largely centrist on my social views, and as a result cannot really relate to either party. If you want to have a dick sewn on and call yourself they, do it, but using my tax dollars to pay for your surgery is not your constitutional right. To Republicans (especially the religious right) I am immoral and to the Dems (or more the people they pander to) I am a sexist. The complete lack of common sense middle is shocking. I once held a pistol permit - I NEVER need to own 41 assault rifles with high capacity magazines. Immigration issues go well beyond Trump's regime and the Dems have nothing to help the associated administrative problems since the 60's, so now I am either racist or welcoming foreign invaders. The lack of middle ground saddens me beyond belief and disenfranchises someone who would happily be an informed voter.