7th Year of Norway’s Bloodiest Terror Attack

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

7th Year of Norway’s Bloodiest Terror Attack

Post by Nutso »

https://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/7th- ... ith-photos
7 years ago today the terrorist attacks by Anders Behring Breivik took the lives of 77 people in the government quarter in Oslo and at Labor Party summer camp in Utøya. Most of the victims were the teenagers at the camp.

It was the deadliest attack in Norway since World War II, and a survey found that one in four Norwegians knew “someone affected by the attacks”.

The terrorist Anders Behring Breivik, a 32-year-old Norwegian right-wing extremist,is still serving his 21 years prison sentence (the maximum sentence allowed in Norway).

The July 22. attacks were two sequential terrorist attacks, commited by Anders Behring Breivik, a domestic terrorist and extremist right winger, who aimed to send a message to what he believed to be the two main enemies of Norway, the labor party and the religion of Islam. The first attack occured in Oslo's governmental center, a city block of 9 political buildings, all important to the politcal activity of Norway. Breivik parked a car containing a fertilizer bomb weighting 950 kilograms, or in excess of 2 000 pounds near the prime minister's office. The bomb exploded few minutes after he left the car and killed 8 people, and injured an excess of 30 people, as well as damaging multiple political departments and the prime minister's office.

Two hours later, Breivik arrived at Utøya in Tyrifjorden, where the Labor party's youth array (AUF) were arranging their summer camp. Disguised as a policeman, Breivik opened fire on teachers and students with a machine gun, killing 66, of which 33 were below the age of 18, and injuring 66 more. The prime minister, Jens Stoltenberg had been planning a surprise visit to the island one day after the attack to hold a speech for the Labor party's camp. Breivik's attack continued for an hour, before he was arrested by the Hønefoss Police. The attacks, including victims who died later due to injuries, killed 78 people, and injured an excess of 300 people.

During interrogation Breivik admitted to what he called "Gruesome, but necessary actions" But did not admit to Criminal activity. His motivations were to display his vision of Western Europe to the world, through his Manifesto: "2083 - A European Declaration of Independence" released online a few hours before his attacks, of which the Ideological content was both extremist-right and millitant, and showcased his view that Norway's two biggest enemies were the labor party and the religion of Islam, both of which he aimed to throttle the recruiting of with his attack. Under trial, it was deemed that Breivik did not suffer from psychosis, and was fully aware and consciouss of his actions during his months of planning. He is currently serving a 21 year sentence (The highest Norwegian law will allow outside crimes of war.) in Skien prison, under heavy psychological surveillance
Summary by https://imgur.com/gallery/DhaLJsD
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Re: 7th Year of Norway’s Bloodiest Terror Attack

Post by Angharrad »

There is a docu-drama about this attack on Netflix.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: 7th Year of Norway’s Bloodiest Terror Attack

Post by Nutso »

Angharrad wrote:There is a docu-drama about this attack on Netflix.
I watch those docs and I end up getting mad. "The Jinx" got me because that ending, good lord. Then I wanted to watch "Making a Murderer" and I read the synopsis, and I couldn't watch it. I'd be staying up thinking about miscarriages of justice.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park