'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek to moderate a Pa. Gov. Debate

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek to moderate a Pa. Gov. Debate

Post by Nutso »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... 80221.html
In 2012, longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek admitted he would have loved to have been one of the questioners at a presidential debate between President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

During the 2018 election cycle, he’s getting his wish. Sort of.

Trebek, a native Canadian who became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1998, will moderate a 45-minute debate among Pennsylvania’s 2018 gubernatorial candidates as part of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry’s annual dinner Oct. 1 at the Hershey Lodge in Dauphin County.

Invitations will be extended to all the major candidates, including Democratic incumbent Tom Wolf and the winner of a Republican primary that includes attorney Laura Ellsworth, businessman Paul Mango and state Sen. Scott Wagner. It’s unclear if Libertarian Party candidate Ken Krawchuk will be invited to participate.

“Unlike some of the other moderators — I’m not going to disparage them — but I have a different approach,” Trebek told The Hill in 2013 about his desire to moderate a political debate. “I would not let the politicians get away with standard responses. I would try to pin them down, even though I might look bad doing it.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek to moderate a Pa. Gov. Deba

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay... I can legit see him doing a good job at this.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek to moderate a Pa. Gov. Deba

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Nutso wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... 80221.html
In 2012, longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek admitted he would have loved to have been one of the questioners at a presidential debate between President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

During the 2018 election cycle, he’s getting his wish. Sort of.

Trebek, a native Canadian who became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1998, will moderate a 45-minute debate among Pennsylvania’s 2018 gubernatorial candidates as part of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry’s annual dinner Oct. 1 at the Hershey Lodge in Dauphin County.

Invitations will be extended to all the major candidates, including Democratic incumbent Tom Wolf and the winner of a Republican primary that includes attorney Laura Ellsworth, businessman Paul Mango and state Sen. Scott Wagner. It’s unclear if Libertarian Party candidate Ken Krawchuk will be invited to participate.

“Unlike some of the other moderators — I’m not going to disparage them — but I have a different approach,” Trebek told The Hill in 2013 about his desire to moderate a political debate. “I would not let the politicians get away with standard responses. I would try to pin them down, even though I might look bad doing it.”
As a Pennsylvanian, I am looking forward to this.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."