Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has committed suicide

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has committed suicide

Post by Nutso »

http://m.tmz.com/photos/2017/07/20/ches ... ayMediaAMP

Today would have been the late Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday, and he and Chester Bennington were close.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has committed suicide

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

:(
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

You know, when I saw this subforum's button lit up red I actually thought "I wonder who's dead now?"

And then I click it... and somebody is. Seems like that's every other story these days. :(
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Graham Kennedy wrote:And then I click it... and somebody is. Seems like that's every other story these days. :(
That rare? Of the fifteen most recently updated threads in this forum, six are reporting the deaths of individuals, four are about incidents that left people dead, one's about a funeral, and another is the Koreas shooting at each other. Only three don't involve death or the prospect of it in some form or other.

What a lovely planet we live on.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:And then I click it... and somebody is. Seems like that's every other story these days. :(
That rare? Of the fifteen most recently updated threads in this forum, six are reporting the deaths of individuals, four are about incidents that left people dead, one's about a funeral, and another is the Koreas shooting at each other. Only three don't involve death or the prospect of it in some form or other.

What a lovely planet we live on.
To be fair the nice science stuff is in the Science forum. Politics? What's positive about that?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

To be fair, death is a super-common occurrence. Celebrity can't change that.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mikey wrote:To be fair, death is a super-common occurrence. Celebrity can't change that.
About as common as Mets pitchers getting hurt I reckon. :wink: That said it can affect the manner, and in this case, age of death. It seems a large number of hard rock types live hard and die fast; too many like Bennington had childhood trauma.

At any rate, RIP. Despite its softening tone over recent album releases, LP was a favorite of mine (though I skipped the last album entirely).
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who