Prince Philip is to Completely Retire from Royal Duties

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Prince Philip is to Completely Retire from Royal Duties

Post by Nutso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... es-95.html
Prince Philip is to retire from all public royal duties at the age of 95 and the Queen has given him her 'full support' to step down, it was revealed today.

The 95-year-old Duke of Edinburgh's well-earned retirement this autumn was announced at a top secret emergency meeting called by Buckingham Palace today.

All staff from the royal household across Britain were called to London today, which caused fevered speculation around the world about the health of the Queen and her husband.

But it has emerged that Philip - Britain's longest serving consort in history - has decided to end his formal royal duties having supported his wife in public for 70 years.

The Queen will continue her public engagements as she has always vowed to serve her country for as long as she lives.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Prince Philip is to Completely Retire from Royal Duties

Post by Bryan Moore »

Is this at all a surprise to those of you on the right side of the pond? Having not grown up with figurehead like that, I have no real point of comparison but I have to believe that at 95, this was coming.
Last edited by Bryan Moore on Thu May 04, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Some of his greatest hits :

10. In 1994 he told someone from the Cayman Islands ‘you're all descended from pirates, aren't you?’

9. Four years later, he asked a student who had been backpacking in Papua New Guinea: ‘You managed not to get eaten, then?’

8. In 2002, the 91-year-old famed for his non-PC comments asked a group of Australian aborigine entrepreneurs : ‘Do you still throw spears at each other?’

7. After being told that Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme tune in 2002, he replied: ‘Are we going to need ear plugs?’

6. In 2003 he told a robed president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo: ‘You look like you’re ready for bed.’

5. Last year, on a Diamond Jubilee tour outing he told a council worker whose red dress had a zip down the front that he’d ‘get arrested’ if he tried to unzip it.

4. After striking up a conversation with a Scottish driving instructor, he famously remarked: ‘How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?’

3. Two years ago, when a female Sea Cadet told him she worked in a nightclub, he famously replied: ‘Is it a strip club?’

2. He also reportedly reduced a 13-year-old boy to tears when he asked what he'd like to be when he grew up, and when the kid said he wanted to be an astronaut he responded "But you're too fat to be an astronaut."

1. He notoriously told a group of British students during a 1986 state visit to China that they would become ‘slitty-eyed’ if they remained in the country any longer.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Some of his greatest hits :

10. In 1994 he told someone from the Cayman Islands ‘you're all descended from pirates, aren't you?’

9. Four years later, he asked a student who had been backpacking in Papua New Guinea: ‘You managed not to get eaten, then?’

8. In 2002, the 91-year-old famed for his non-PC comments asked a group of Australian aborigine entrepreneurs : ‘Do you still throw spears at each other?’

7. After being told that Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme tune in 2002, he replied: ‘Are we going to need ear plugs?’

6. In 2003 he told a robed president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo: ‘You look like you’re ready for bed.’

5. Last year, on a Diamond Jubilee tour outing he told a council worker whose red dress had a zip down the front that he’d ‘get arrested’ if he tried to unzip it.

4. After striking up a conversation with a Scottish driving instructor, he famously remarked: ‘How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?’

3. Two years ago, when a female Sea Cadet told him she worked in a nightclub, he famously replied: ‘Is it a strip club?’

2. He also reportedly reduced a 13-year-old boy to tears when he asked what he'd like to be when he grew up, and when the kid said he wanted to be an astronaut he responded "But you're too fat to be an astronaut."

1. He notoriously told a group of British students during a 1986 state visit to China that they would become ‘slitty-eyed’ if they remained in the country any longer.
:laughroll: Oh god, I love this guy.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

95 years old. Yeah... I'd say he's due for a rest. Although a damned shame it's before any chance of Trump visiting.