Techno Bat'leth ?

In the real world
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Techno Bat'leth ?

Post by sunnyside »

Is it just me or is anybody else seeing this during the Superbowl?
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Techno Bat'leth ?

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I saw something resembling that though I'd guess they probably weren't aiming for "bat'leth" since most viewers would have no clue what that is. Whatever look they were aiming for, the resemblance was a coincidence.

I also saw the Falcons suffer the greatest collapse in SB history. Though I'm not a fan of either team, I am a fan of a division rival of the Patriots.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well I looked at the game as this: as long as the half time show isn't offensive in either the music or how the presentation, if Patriots lose ya or if the Patriots win, at least I can still say Eli is still the only one to beat Tom Brady.

So our resident derby window licker QB beat the GOAT
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

As a dyed-in-the-wool Giants fan, I can honestly say that Eli Moron's two SB wins were won, if not despite him, then at least outside of his influence. If you lay the credit for those wins at his feet, then you might as well take the MVP award for SB XXV away from OJ Anderson and give it to Hoss.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Airblades. Essentially fancy color-guard equipment (marching band colorguard). Think of them as stand-ins for the traditional rifle and saber
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Airblades. Essentially fancy color-guard equipment (marching band colorguard). Think of them as stand-ins for the traditional rifle and saber
The Cadets of Bergen County used something similar in their weapon line about 20 years ago or so, and were the talk of every stadium in which they performed. They're still tricky, considering the different shape and weight distribution from traditional rifles and sabers, but not really groundbreaking anymore.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:Airblades. Essentially fancy color-guard equipment (marching band colorguard). Think of them as stand-ins for the traditional rifle and saber
The Cadets of Bergen County used something similar in their weapon line about 20 years ago or so, and were the talk of every stadium in which they performed. They're still tricky, considering the different shape and weight distribution from traditional rifles and sabers, but not really groundbreaking anymore.
And probably easier to get approved by SuperBowl Security than actual sabres (however blunt).
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

IDK, guard sabers and rifles are so unlike the similarly-named weapons that I don't think there's be a problem. Hell, I myself have carried bags of 'em into Giants Stadium.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:As a dyed-in-the-wool Giants fan, I can honestly say that Eli Moron's two SB wins were won, if not despite him, then at least outside of his influence. If you lay the credit for those wins at his feet, then you might as well take the MVP award for SB XXV away from OJ Anderson and give it to Hoss.
It's a team sport. But it was Eli that did break out of that sack and threw a hail Mary at Tyree. Yes Tyree did somehow catch the ball on his helmet and held on for dear life. Eli did throw the TD catch following that play as well.

It is a two part process from throwing the ball to catching it. Yes Eli does make some bone headed throws, Eli also has had some weird interceptions happen to him. He also has had some bad receivers like Randle running the wrong routes or half assing them.

In recent years he has had to deal with a bad offensive line that made him throw extremely quick which like this year caused defenses to sit on the short and intermediate routes since his receivers didn't have enough time for him to sit in the pocket so they can get open.

Also helps to have receivers catch the freaking ball too especially if thrown perfectly in their direction. Yes his accuracy was off this year, which it could be age or him not trusting his offensive line so he is wary or he developed a bad habit.

Also doesn't help to not have an effective running game either.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

All true. My issue with Eli hasn't been the physical aspect of his throws, or even accuracy and/or reads. It has been decision-making: i.e., when to check down, when to chuck it away, etc.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Actually in that aspect he is considered one of the best. The in game decisions has always been his strong suit.

Problem I have seen is the check downs is that he hasn't had an effective running back outside Barber that can make a check down work. Vereen is decent and it remains to be seen with Perkins. Less said with Twinkle toes Jennings the better.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

What he's been "considered" and what I've seen don't necessarily gibe. Plus, he just doesn't have that QB swagger that I'd like to see, even now. An insider team vet has even mentioned that some of the other players lampoon the way in which he speaks in the huddle. You want your QB to have a little "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh in him. Baugh was known for the strenght of both his arm and his mouth, and when he arrived at the Redskins, a coach said something to the effect of, "See that receiver 60 yards away? I want you to hit him in the eye."

Baugh's legendary response was, "Which eye?"
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

No Eli doesnt have the swagger that some would like to see. It's part of his personality, the same that allows him to thrive in the NY market with all of the criticisms being belted at his way.

There is plenty of videos out there that show Eli doing an audible and in game adjustments because of what he saw and succeeding. That was always his main strength was that he was a Peyton-lite when it came to analyzing defenses.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Funny story... one day while preparing to be intimate with by far the hottest girl who ever graced my presence, I found myself hampered by the fact that her brand new dog would whine every time I'd get to close to her. After about an hour of this, we gave up and simply watched TV. After I left, she texted "Sorry about that, maybe next time. Reading this, I promptly replied. Shortly thereafter, I received the response from her: "Fuck you!" It was only then did I read my response...

"That's okay, but next time we're alone I can't wait to kick your puppy."

I swear on my life, this is 100% true... no one has a worse autocorrect story.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Sorry about this, but... :laughroll:
as Bull offed Custer