Mary Tyler Moore Dead At 80

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Mary Tyler Moore Dead At 80

Post by Nutso »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mar ... 90e52179bd
TV icon Mary Tyler Moore died on Wednesday after being hospitalized in Connecticut, her rep confirmed to The Huffington Post. She was 80.

“Today, beloved icon, Mary Tyler Moore, passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine. A groundbreaking actress, producer, and passionate advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Mary will be remembered as a fearless visionary who turned the world on with her smile,” her rep Mara Buxbaum told The Huffington Post in a statement.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Mary Tyler Moore Dead At 80

Post by Bryan Moore »

RIP Aunt Mary
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I sorta wish her rep could have maybe been able to express a sentiment without quoting the theme song from one of her shows. Anyway, she was an unabashed fighter against the demons with which she struggled, a strong voice in support of research against a belittled but devastating disease, and in her own way as much of a quiet, calm-voiced example of the then-new breed of women seeking egalitarian representation as Carrie Fisher was in her own milieu.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

The Mary Tyler Moore show was one of the most groundbreaking shows in television history. And Mary was and still is one of the most talented people in show business. I'm gonna miss her.