In the real world
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Reliant121 wrote:
Vic wrote:And clearly no one seems to be noticing what happened........ People by and large didn't vote for Trump, they voted against the two party system. First in the Republican primaries and against the Democrats in the General Election.

It is not about racism, sexism, this "ism", that "ism" or the other "ism". I really don't care what color of coolaid you are drinking, STOP DRINKING IT. Stop buying into the doom and gloom that the media (that so ably abets the system at large) is presenting and think for yourself. You have a brain........right?

The worst that can happen is that Congress takes their ball and goes home, nothing happens for the next four years. I really would not be surprised if this wasn't a business move by Trump, the stock market reacted as it always does when there is an Presidential election. Trump buys up cheap stock, and when the market realizes what a moron it was it goes back to routine trading, Trump is that much wealthier.
If the anecdotal evidence I have seen across social media is anything to go by, this is flat out incorrect. A huge spike in racist and homophobic incidents directly in the wake of the vote. A vice president that would see individuals such as myself subjected to torture in order to "cure" me of my sexual preference, news outlets reporting the GOP is already moving to quash healthcare reform acts (though I am aware that they have been problematic from the start)...

People did indeed vote against the two party system but it seems people also voted with the side of themselves they were afraid to air in the open. This proves that Racism and Bigotry is wildly more prevalent in the states than anyone, certainly over here, had realised.
Reliant, you got a safe spot in my house. I know you live in England, but just in case... you got a spot here.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

In other news "In recognition of it's new president elect the USA has today announced that it is changing it's national bird to the 'Comb-over eagle'."
email, ergo spam
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

IanKennedy wrote:In other news "In recognition of it's new president elect the USA has today announced that it is changing it's national bird to the 'Comb-over eagle'."
It's odd so many whites thought Trump was "one of them," for that matter. He's not white at all, he's orange! :lol:

No, he can't possibly do half what he promised during his campaign (if he ever thought it was realistic to build his infamous wall, let alone coerce Mexico to pay for it, I wouldn't know what to say). Even so, he's poised to do plenty of damage. As it comes to the notion of him softening his policy to meet "moderate" Republicans in the middle, when did that constituency return from extinction? Former President Eisenhower has been spinning in his grave for decades, and by now the spin rate should be measurable to physicists across the globe. At any rate, his mere election (even if split, considering he lost the popular vote) has at once emboldened domestic bigots and tarnished the nation's image. There are reports that all kind of racist, sexist and other '-ist' episodes have been erupting since the morning after. The dark side of America is throwing a party.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Eisenhower, Roosevelt and Lincoln have all hit supersonic speeds.

Yeah, newsfeeds have lit up with a bunch of bullshit. Sickening is the beginning of how I feel about it.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

In totally unrelated news, I just bought a box of #safetypins
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm not so concerned about Trump being president. As long as he lives the whole time (because Pense is scary).

Being an educator, I am terrified of Ben Carson being his Secretary of Education (and other stuff).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Carson as Secretary of Education, Pense as VP.... yeah. That makes Trump almost palatable.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

And... looking at Trump's likely list of names for other cabinet and advisory posts... let's just say that the fundamental change he purported to bring as a non-insider seems to have gone the way of the dodo. Bit uncomfortable with a global warming denier as EPA chief, though.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

BTW I knew there was a reason I liked her:

Chancellor Merkel weighs in.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:BTW I knew there was a reason I liked her:

Chancellor Merkel weighs in.
Ooh, nice. :D
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I'm scared. For all the kids i love who are not cisgender, and for myself, since I work for an Environmental Agency. I am actually terrified of losing my job and living on the streets.

I'm a wimp. I wouldn't survive a week homeless.

Yes I know I'm pathetic.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Angharrad wrote:I'm scared. For all the kids i love who are not cisgender, and for myself, since I work for an Environmental Agency. I am actually terrified of losing my job and living on the streets.

I'm a wimp. I wouldn't survive a week homeless.

Yes I know I'm pathetic.
No. You are not pathetic. Those are real concerns.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Random political joke of the day:

In Soviet America, Russia elects YOU!

In a more domestic and serious slant, can we officially redact all references to Trump as a populist of any sort? If the details of his agenda on taxes, health care and welfare aren't strong enough indicators, consider his cabinet picks and the sentiments spoken or otherwise suggested by his transition team.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

You know, I think I'm going to make it my aim not to hear Trump say anything throughout the next year.

Maybe not avoid reading anything he says or anything about him... that sounds too difficult. But to avoid ever hearing him speak in his own voice. That sounds practical whilst being something that would improve the quality of life.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

So it begins... God help us all.