PRESIDENT TRUMP

In the real world
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So far, so good!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:You know, I think I'm going to make it my aim not to hear Trump say anything throughout the next year.

Maybe not avoid reading anything he says or anything about him... that sounds too difficult. But to avoid ever hearing him speak in his own voice. That sounds practical whilst being something that would improve the quality of life.
It's certainly a positive goal. Politics completely aside, the man can't put a proper sentence together. No matter how you feel about his platform, it is just plain embarrassing to hear him speak and know that he supposedly represents my nation.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Sometimes I wonder if that's just a matter of Trump pandering to his "common man" base (let aside the fact his actual policy and cabinet picks aren't actually populist at all). He does evidently have a degree from a quite respected school of business.

Either way, it's indeed painful to hear him speak.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I think I have a horrible voice, and have legit difficulty stringing together words in conversation.

I know for a fucking fact, I speak better in public than Donnie.

Also, his Cabinet picks? It brings me this close to wanting to drink.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Trump claims his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever. Here it is compared to Obama's.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Donnie lies and contradicts himself so much I'm surprised he hasn't gotten whiplash by now.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Donnie lies and contradicts himself so much I'm surprised he hasn't gotten whiplash by now.
There's one consistent thing about him: America Trump First.

(and he knew damned well what 'America First' was once used for)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Donnie lies and contradicts himself so much I'm surprised he hasn't gotten whiplash by now.
There's one consistent thing about him: America Trump First.

(and he knew damned well what 'America First' was once used for)
Yup. And he used it, so fuck him for it.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Vic wrote:And clearly no one seems to be noticing what happened........ People by and large didn't vote for Trump, they voted against the two party system. First in the Republican primaries and against the Democrats in the General Election.

It is not about racism, sexism, this "ism", that "ism" or the other "ism". I really don't care what color of coolaid you are drinking, STOP DRINKING IT. Stop buying into the doom and gloom that the media (that so ably abets the system at large) is presenting and think for yourself. You have a brain........right?

The worst that can happen is that Congress takes their ball and goes home, nothing happens for the next four years. I really would not be surprised if this wasn't a business move by Trump, the stock market reacted as it always does when there is an Presidential election. Trump buys up cheap stock, and when the market realizes what a moron it was it goes back to routine trading, Trump is that much wealthier.
Thank you, Vic. This is the most intelligent/concise analysis of this I have heard in quite some time. As a registered Republican who is economically conservative and socially moderate to liberal, I loathe the classic "religious right" and the extreme white power radical right who have jumped behind Trump. I did not vote for Trump (abstained from this election due to no candidate w/ anything even close to an intelligent agenda, IMHO), but am glad we don't get more liberalism just for the sake of liberalism. At the end of the day, I hope this goes to show a moderate candidate outside of either party is needed.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think most telling regarding that phenomenon is the number of people who have been shouting "Damn right!" to repealing Obamacare... then realizing that they themselves are actually availing themselves of Obamacare.

Regarding Trump's schooling... I know people who have J. D.'s from Harvard who can't speak properly. Similarly, I know people who have bought their way through schools as prestigious as Wharton, Bucknell, etc. The fact remains that he sounds like an illiterate cretin, no matter where he obtained his education; and furthermore, no matter his alleged business acumen, if he took his inheritance and invested it in a simple S&P index, he'd have quadrupled the rate of return his investment and business sense have earned him. Also, without all the breaches of contract his businesses have engendered.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mikey wrote:I think most telling regarding that phenomenon is the number of people who have been shouting "Damn right!" to repealing Obamacare... then realizing that they themselves are actually availing themselves of Obamacare.
I saw one guy online who literally celebrated the repeal of Obamacare - and went on to state he didn't get his insurance through Obamacare, he got it through the Affordable Care Act. :bangwall:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Mikey wrote:I think most telling regarding that phenomenon is the number of people who have been shouting "Damn right!" to repealing Obamacare... then realizing that they themselves are actually availing themselves of Obamacare.
I saw one guy online who literally celebrated the repeal of Obamacare - and went on to state he didn't get his insurance through Obamacare, he got it through the Affordable Care Act. :bangwall:
And that, my friend, is the best explanation I can provide as to how Trump got elected.
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Graham Kennedy wrote:
I've seen that, too. Multiple instances of these jackasses.