Clowns to the left of me...

In the real world
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clowns to the left of me...

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Source
It began in Greenville, S.C., at Fleetwood Manor Apartments, a complex nestled against the edge of several acres of woods. On August 21, a police deputy investigated reports of a clown with white face paint trying to lure children into the dark thicket. A resident told him one of her sons had seen many clowns flashing green lights and her other son had heard pounding on the door and the sound of chains clanking. Other children told him that clowns had tried to tempt them with money and that the clowns live in the house by a pond deep in the woods. Another resident said she had seen a clown with a blinking nose near a dumpster at 2:30 a.m. He waved at her.

A week later, a boy at an apartment ten miles away reported seeing a man in a clown mask in the woods near his home. Later that night, a boy at an apartment just three miles from Fleetwood Manor reported seeing another clown. That apartment also sits on the edge of a wooded area. There was another local sighting the next day. The following day, a woman told police she saw a clown standing outside a Greenville laundromat, simply staring at her.

I've seen these reports spread and multiply over the last month or two. Weiiird stuff.

Personally, I wonder if perhaps some clowns have escaped from circuses over the years. It's conceivable that they could survive and breed in the wild, creating a small clown population. Clowns are natural scavengers, so they would be expected to intrude onto the edges of towns and cities, looking for food in bins and such. Perhaps preying on pets. It's worrying that they're starting to go for children, though.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Clowns to the left of me...

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Weird is... an apt description. Looks like we gotta thin the herd.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I wonder when clown season begins in South Carolina.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Bet it's viral marketing for a movie or something.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:I wonder when clown season begins in South Carolina.
I'd say about now. :uzi: *<:*)X
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

In seriousness, this likely started with a couple of people caught in photos on the way to/from some sort of fancy dress type party. One the story spread some kids probably figured it was funny and started to do it for laughs. Throw in some people who lied about it for the publicity and a few hysterics who read about it and figured they saw it too, and you have a new urban legend emerging.

The concern is that some college kid is going to play clown in the night and get himself shot by somebody who thinks he's after kids. :(
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »