Terrorist attack in Istanbul

In the real world
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Terrorist attack in Istanbul

Post by Mikey »

Current count is 36 dead, 147 wounded in the attack at Ataturk Airport. Apparently several men armed with assault rifles began shooting, then somehow initiated explosions. One of the attackers was caught on video blowing himself up after being shot by airport security; a second explosion was caught on video, but without visual evidence of the ignition. The Turkish PM is tentatively placing the blame on ISIS though investigation, obviously, is just beginning.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Terrorist attack in Istanbul

Post by Teaos »

I've been to that airport, and now thinking about it, Airports are ideal for this sort of attack, they have numerous bottle necks in them, if you start shooting by the main front doors and drive people in, they would quickly bunch up. Hell if you plan it well send a guy in first with suitcases of explosives, have him stand at the bottleneck just before security, start shooting, people run towards security and he goes boom.

One of the ironies of Airport security is that airports are now very compartmentalized.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Terrorist attack in Istanbul

Post by McAvoy »

Well, ISIS is trying really hard to get everyone to kill them it seems.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"