I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Worst mass shooting in U.S. history

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Yeah, those on the US right who want to highlight the whole "muslim hatred of gays" thing have a bit of a "but don't you hate gays too?" problem to deal with here. Like this guy for instace :

In his mind, the horror here was that the guy shot them just on his own initiative. Whereas they should have been killed, like all gay people should, with due process of a righteous government.
I am really glad I cannot fathom this man's thinking.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

He starts by saying that the good news is that 50 gay people are dead and another 50 injured. Then half way through says he never condones violence. Well guess that can't be true. I didn't get to the end.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Plenty of people have came out after the initial shock wore off to say that this is more or less God's punishment for being gay.

Of course, whose God? The Islamic one or the Christian one? If he was an instrument of God then wouldn't he be in the right and will enter the gates of Heaven? Of course then you got the one commandment of thou shalt not kill.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, technically that's not a commandment. The commandment translates properly as "Thou shalt not murder," but in this case it still holds.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My ppint is that there is hypocrisy. Where did it say in the Bible to kill gays? Yet these types of people are basically saying this is the work of God as punishment.

So you got 50 dead by one shooter and they are more or less applauding the guy. Some saying more should have been killed.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:My ppint is that there is hypocrisy. Where did it say in the Bible to kill gays? Yet these types of people are basically saying this is the work of God as punishment.
The bible says to kill gays in Leviticus 20:13.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
So you got 50 dead by one shooter and they are more or less applauding the guy. Some saying more should have been killed.
Yep.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ah but same book says do not eat shellfish, pig, wear mixed clothing, no tatoos, and so forth

Cherry picking at its worse. Especially when these same types of people say Jesus in the NT more or less said that there are new rules under him. Which they took as everything in the OT is void. Except for the ones they like.

It's all interpretation of course.

The Koran of course is more straightforward with its rules and commandments.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote:He starts by saying that the good news is that 50 gay people are dead and another 50 injured. Then half way through says he never condones violence. Well guess that can't be true. I didn't get to the end.
I couldn't, either.