It's a Princess!

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

It's a Princess!

Post by Nutso »

Kate Middleton, Prince William Welcome Baby Girl!
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/kate-mi ... 88017.html
It’s a girl! Kate Middleton and Prince William have welcomed their second child, Her Royal Highness Princess of Cambridge.

The royal baby was born on Saturday, May 2, at 8:34 am BST, at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital in London after less than three hours of labor. She weighs 8 pounds, 3 ounces.

The birth was announced in a statement from Kensington Palace and on Twitter. "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news," it read.

The news was also announced outside the hospital, by a town crier in full costume. "May our princess be long-lived, happy and glorious," he said. Royal fans outside the hospital chanted "Princess! Princess!" in reaction.

Middleton was admitted to the hospital at 6 am, according to Kensington Palace. Prince William was by her side. The couple's daughter, whose name has not been revealed, will be fourth in line to the British throne.
Princess Buttercup?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: It's a Princess!

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:Kate Middleton, Prince William Welcome Baby Girl!
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/kate-mi ... 88017.html
It’s a girl! Kate Middleton and Prince William have welcomed their second child, Her Royal Highness Princess of Cambridge.

The royal baby was born on Saturday, May 2, at 8:34 am BST, at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital in London after less than three hours of labor. She weighs 8 pounds, 3 ounces.

The birth was announced in a statement from Kensington Palace and on Twitter. "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news," it read.

The news was also announced outside the hospital, by a town crier in full costume. "May our princess be long-lived, happy and glorious," he said. Royal fans outside the hospital chanted "Princess! Princess!" in reaction.

Middleton was admitted to the hospital at 6 am, according to Kensington Palace. Prince William was by her side. The couple's daughter, whose name has not been revealed, will be fourth in line to the British throne.
Princess Buttercup?
Inconceivable!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Princess Charlotte. Nice name.

Ha, on her birth certificate the parent's occupation is listed as "Prince of the United Kingdom" and "Princess of the United Kingdom". Not too many get to write that... :)

I'm not much of a Monarchist... though oddly, I find myself becoming more supportive as I get older. But there is something grand about those titles, I must admit. "Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge, daughter of Catherine Elizabeth, Her Royal Highness, The Dutchess of Cambridge." Quite a mouthful!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

It is a mouthful at that. Not nearly as much, I'd bet, as her blazon of arms would be. I wonder: does the Prince have Charles' arms quartered with Spencer arms?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:It is a mouthful at that. Not nearly as much, I'd bet, as her blazon of arms would be. I wonder: does the Prince have Charles' arms quartered with Spencer arms?
Nope - they both use variants of the royal coat of arms, as will his children when they get them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Variants? As in, with a canton or something similar? I foresee a blazon that's about half a page in length.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Variants? As in, with a canton or something similar? I foresee a blazon that's about half a page in length.
Nothing so fancy.

Charles:

William:

Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Princess Charlotte. Nice name.

Ha, on her birth certificate the parent's occupation is listed as "Prince of the United Kingdom" and "Princess of the United Kingdom". Not too many get to write that... :)

I'm not much of a Monarchist... though oddly, I find myself becoming more supportive as I get older. But there is something grand about those titles, I must admit. "Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge, daughter of Catherine Elizabeth, Her Royal Highness, The Dutchess of Cambridge." Quite a mouthful!
Let's hope they can fit that onto a business card. :P

But I wish nothing but good to mother, father, son and daughter. :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Nothing so fancy.
They don't look terribly complicated; but what I mean is that (especially in Charles' case, considering the escutcheon) the actual written blazon oncluding motto, supporters, etc., would be rather long. The royal arms of itself would be:

Quarterly, first and fourth Gules three lions passant gardant in pale Or armed and langued Azure (for England), second quarter Or a lion rampant within a double tressure flory-counter-flory Gules (for Scotland), third quarter Azure a harp Or stringed Argent (for Ireland), the whole surrounded by the Garter; for a Crest, upon the Royal helm the imperial crown Proper, thereon a lion statant gardant Or imperially crowned Proper; Mantling Or and ermine; for Supporters, dexter a lion rampant gardant Or crowned as the Crest, sinister a unicorn Argent armed, crined and unguled Proper, gorged with a coronet Or composed of crosses patée and fleurs de lis a chain affixed thereto passing between the forelegs and reflexed over the back also Or. Motto 'Dieu et mon Droit' in the compartment below the shield, with the Union rose, shamrock and thistle engrafted on the same stem.

To differentiate Charles' arms (in Wales and England) one would add to the blazon: Plain three-point label, and an inescutcheon of the traditional coat of arms of the Principality of Wales.[2] The Prince of Wales's feathers, the Red Dragon of Wales, sable fifteen bezants Or (the banner of the Duke of Cornwall, his other title in England) and his motto Ich dien are also added below the shield and the supporters.

In Scotland, in his capacity as Duke of Rothesay rather than Prince of Wales, one would add rather the quartered arms of the Great Steward and of the Lord of the Isles (both are his other titles in Scotland), with the arms of the heir apparent to the Scots throne (the Royal arms of Scotland with a three-point label) on an inescutcheon in the centre. Other elements of the coat of arms are similar to Royal coat of arms of Scotland before the union of the Crowns, but three-point labels are attached. The blazon in herladic terms would of course be rather longer and more difficult.

N.B. The first and third quarter of the royal arms are the famed "leopards" of England. In medieval heraldic language, a lion passant guardant (i.e., walking but with head turned to the viewer) was known as a leopard. Since England was represented in arms and in its heraldic badge by "Gules three lions passant gardant in pale Or armed and langued Azure," it therefore became known for the "leopards of England."
as Bull offed Custer