Comic Book Fan Has Surgery to Look Like Marvel's "Red Skull"

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Comic Book Fan Has Surgery to Look Like Marvel's "Red Skull"

Post by Nutso »

Comic Book Fan Cuts Off Nose to Become the Red Nazi Skull of His Dreams

I don't have to heart to use the "img" tag on this. It's really horrible. http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... ribtsd.jpg Frankly, he looks worse than the Red Skull or Hugo Weaving.
A certain degree of dedication isn't unusual among comics fans, but one Venezuelan man's devotion to the Marvel supervillain Red Skull apparently exceeded his devotion to having a sense of smell.

According to the Daily Mail, 37-year-old Henry Damon had his nose surgically removed so he could look more like his idol, the Nazi agent and Captain America foe who (quite sensibly) just wore a red skull mask in the original comics.

The body modification artist who removed Damon's nose assured the Mail that his client is not mentally ill.

"He's an excellent son, husband and father, who has an extreme taste for body modification," said Emilio Gonzalez, a former med student who dropped out to pursue body alteration.

Damon's future plans reportedly include tattooing his entire face red and putting silicone implants in his cheeks and chin.

"He has loved comic books since he was a kid and always dreamed of being Red Skull," said a friend of Damon's, "but never got round to doing it," which has to be the lamest excuse for not cutting off your nose I've ever heard.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Comic Book Fan Has Surgery to Look Like Marvel's "Red Sk

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

'Not mentally ill'... I take issue with that diagnosis. I've seen the pics and had to hit the back button. I mean just... ugh! :wtf:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I never cared about tattooing the face but to mutilate his face is another. I do think there is a certain degree of mental illness.

Cutting off the nose, what's next cutting or surgically merging fingers to have only a three finger hand?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

What do people that do this kind of stuff to themselves do for a living? How do they walk into a job interview and walk out with a job?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Nutso wrote:Comic Book Fan Cuts Off Nose to Become the Red Nazi Skull of His Dreams

I don't have to heart to use the "img" tag on this. It's really horrible. http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... ribtsd.jpg Frankly, he looks worse than the Red Skull or Hugo Weaving.
A certain degree of dedication isn't unusual among comics fans, but one Venezuelan man's devotion to the Marvel supervillain Red Skull apparently exceeded his devotion to having a sense of smell.

According to the Daily Mail, 37-year-old Henry Damon had his nose surgically removed so he could look more like his idol, the Nazi agent and Captain America foe who (quite sensibly) just wore a red skull mask in the original comics.

The body modification artist who removed Damon's nose assured the Mail that his client is not mentally ill.

"He's an excellent son, husband and father, who has an extreme taste for body modification," said Emilio Gonzalez, a former med student who dropped out to pursue body alteration.

Damon's future plans reportedly include tattooing his entire face red and putting silicone implants in his cheeks and chin.

"He has loved comic books since he was a kid and always dreamed of being Red Skull," said a friend of Damon's, "but never got round to doing it," which has to be the lamest excuse for not cutting off your nose I've ever heard.
I read about this and have been doing my best to not see it. Thank you for not posting the picture.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Angharrad wrote:I read about this and have been doing my best to not see it. Thank you for not posting the picture.
Exactly my reaction. He has every right to disfigure himself if he wants; I have absolutely no desire to see it.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It's something I have to actively think about to bring it forward, but good frigging lord it's disturbing.