CDC Confirms First Case of Ebola in U.S.

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

CDC Confirms First Case of Ebola in U.S.

Post by Nutso »

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055
The United States has its first confirmed case of the Ebola virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday, marking the first domestic appearance of the deadly virus that has ravaged swaths of continental Africa.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas officials said in a statement earlier Monday that an unnamed patient was being tested for Ebola and had been placed in "strict isolation" due to the patient's symptoms and recent travel history.

The CDC will host a press conference at its Atlanta headquarters at 5:30 p.m. ET.
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2 ... /16460629/
DALLAS — A patient in a Dallas hospital has been confirmed to have the deadly Ebola virus, News 8 has learned.

That person has been held in "strict isolation" as he or she was evaluated for possible exposure to the virus.

This is the first case of Ebola confirmed in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control will hold a press conference at 4:30 p.m. in Atlanta regarding the diagnosis.

In a statement issued Tuesday night, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said the patient was admitted based on symptoms and "recent travel history."

The hospital, located at Greenville Avenue and Walnut Hill Lane in northeast Dallas, said it's complying with all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the Texas Department of Health to ensure the safety of other patients and medical staff.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: CDC Confirms First Case of Ebola in U.S.

Post by Teaos »

Meh, most western countries can close down even large out breaks easily.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.