45 years ago today...

In the real world
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

45 years ago today...

Post by Mikey »

A human, for the first time, walked on the surface of the moon. And we as a species have accomplished precious little advancement in that field since.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: 45 years ago today...

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

They reached out, touched the sky and brought the universe a little closer. Neil, Buzz, Michael, thank you.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

And I was only 27 days old when it happened. Half the babies in my ward got called "Neil". :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My kids will grow up in a world where no one alive has stepped foot on another world.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

I remember mom trying to take a picture and being ticked off that she couldn't get a clear focus on the t.v. screen. One of the few things still clear from that early in life.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:My kids will grow up in a world where no one alive has stepped foot on another world.
More likely they'll grow up in a world where the Chinese have put a guy on Mars...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Graham Kennedy wrote:More likely they'll grow up in a world where the Chinese have put a guy on Mars...
Seriously.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Teaos wrote:My kids will grow up in a world where no one alive has stepped foot on another world.
More likely they'll grow up in a world where the Chinese have put a guy on Mars...
I remember they said the people who will land on Mars was in Elementary school and so was I at the time.

At this rate, I doubt my grandchildren will ever see foot on there. I even doubt we could even make a half ass legitimate race to Mars.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"