In the real world
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Giving them a bad name.

Post by Teaos »

Shit like this just makes me angry.

Reports of police brutality just annoy me, as I know a lot of cops who are generally very good and want to help. But this case makes it look like the problem is almost endemic. Hardly an isolated case when it involves over a dozen officers.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Giving them a bad name.

Post by Teaos »

On a somewhat unrelated, but ironically fucking hilarious note...

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

:shock: I can not believe that. I believe it to be true, but am extremely shocked. In the immortal words of Victor Mildrew;
I don't believe it!
This sort of thimg makes me really glad to be in the UK. You don't hear about that sort of thing over here.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The links at the bottom of it go to a pending court case, and I saw this on another fairly reputable site.

Even the burgler one is real, which I was sure was just a funny made up onion story.

Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

Spocky wrote:I believe it to be true,
I can be very hard to understand sometimes, I know, sometimes I find it difficult myself.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Too many are power hungry and frankly have mental issues. They became police so that they could get the tin badge on their chest and then exert power over others. A small portion are actually in it to do good, but their number is too small. and they usually do not stand up to the demented versions.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Spocky wrote:This sort of thimg makes me really glad to be in the UK. You don't hear about that sort of thing over here.
Don't hear about what sort of thing over here?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

The police doing that sort of tihng.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Spocky wrote:The police doing that sort of tihng.
Oh, got ya. Most of what I hear of the police in the US makes me glad I don't live there, but then we have our own problems here with the police force. My experiences with the police in the UK (me on the side of the law) has been mostly a negative experience. Much of the time due to the resources and regulations, rather than the officers themselves.

However, as Teaos said in the OP, there are a lot of genuinely good police officers there that do want to help, but in general (and as with most things) it's the negative news that pulls in more people, so it tends to get more attention.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."