Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

Post by Nutso »

Priorities...
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:17 pm Priorities...
actually, I may be an atheist, but I'm rather sad.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Coronavirus: Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to hospital for COVID-19 tests
Boris Johnson has been admitted to an NHS hospital in central London for tests 10 days after confirming he had contracted coronavirus.

The prime minister, 55, still has persistent symptoms and went on the advice of his doctor, Downing Street said.

A spokesperson confirmed his admission was a precautionary rather than emergency measure and added he "thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work".

They also urged the public to "continue to follow the government's advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives".
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It's as if this guy never met a atheistic Republican...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:58 pm

Id he did, he'd just declare them to be fake news or some shit.

Jesus wept, the idiocy and/or ignorance of some of these fuckwits.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:08 pm
McAvoy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:58 pm

Id he did, he'd just declare them to be fake news or some shit.

Jesus wept, the idiocy and/or ignorance of some of these fuckwits.
Or not even a Republican either. Gotta go with the hard-core party lines to be truly part of the party.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus
He practiced what he preached — then he died of coronavirus.

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, saying, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

On Sunday, his church announced “with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart” that the pastor had died a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
Didn't need to happen. He could have just taken science and medicine seriously.
Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Nutso wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:44 pm Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, saying, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

On Sunday, his church announced “with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart” that the pastor had died a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

My blind neighbor and I have come to a full disagreement on things. He’s super religious and I’m fine with that. I wasn’t exactly ok when we were having a discussion about how massive space is and how vast the universe is and how it’s egotistical to think we are alone and there is no other life in such a huge place. He thinks scientists are making up how big the universe is and god didn’t make any life besides us... :confused: Strike One. Sunday afternoon, he and I were talking about covid-19 and I started explaining my view point on the massive ignorance of how dangerous this virus can be and how people seem to be getting tons of bad info from the internet about it. He went off on a tandem that it doesn’t always cause your immune system to attack itself, it doesn’t actually kill you, it only affects old people, and it’s stupid to stay inside that we all need to get out and get infected so we can get on with our lives. To live in fear is stupid and if it’s our day to die, we can’t prevent it. :confused: :confused: strike Two..

Pretty sure I’m not going to talk to him anymore. Man is a classic example of righteous religious high ground and biblical ignorance in the flesh so to speak.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

“God doesn’t make mistakes”, my junior sailor told me one day while we were out to sea. He had been homeschooled and taught by his religious mother and father, I’m cool with that, just had to knock him down a peg with that crap.
I responded, “really? How do you explain hermaphrodites?”. He looked puzzled, his faced went a little pale as I explained what that term meant(?).

I finished with, “so mommy and daddy never taught you about that did they?”, he mumbled something unintelligible and wondered out of the space.

**by the way, I do not know if anyone cares or not but the junior sailor I’m referring to in this post, this is him. He may have had some rough starting and some tougher times after he transferred to EOD from subs. But he was my seapup and he made me and continues to make me so damn proud of him**.
https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/s ... w-bottrell
Last edited by 00111010 01000100 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Don't forget gay people. Apparently he loves everybody, but makes some gay. If it's not a mistake "he just wants you to have a rotten life.....". Some love.
email, ergo spam
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Vic wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:17 am A little backstory first, in High School there is always that kid that is picked on and made fun of, ridiculed. I was that kid, H.S. was hell for me with very little respite. Out of a small group that just loved to belittle me was one individual that took it above and beyond. I had dealt with anger issues for decades thanks to this person, then one day I found out that he died of cancer. My initial reaction was to be saddened that another person had withered away because of cancer. All of the anger that lingered because of the way this individual treated me dissapeared.

I have seen too many family members die of various kinds of cancer to wish that on anyone. I have personally seen the devastation to indivduals and the people that love them. What kind of monster would I be to do so, what kind of hypocrite?

See where I'm goin' with this? Perhaps a little introspection is necessary before wishing such a thing on others.
I always fear the backlash of karma. Wishing ill on others, even if they’re deserving of it for the wrongs they’ve done in their lives! To wish or enjoy the pain or suffering can have the unfortunate effect of biting you on the ass. Call it whatever you like (I prefer karma) but I get your point about it. It’s what keeps me in check some days, how would I feel if something I wished on others happened to me?
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nutso wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:09 pm
Edit: If you look into his eyes you will see death...
Was sure this was working a few minutes ago?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:44 pm Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus

yeah, I won't lie. I just don't really feel sorry for this bastard.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:05 pm

yeah, I won't lie. I just don't really feel sorry for this bastard.
Me neither. I never feel bad for stupid people dying. One less stupid person in the world and hopefully at least one person can learn from it all the better.