Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:59 pm As predicted Darwinism is starting to take effect:

Coronavirus: Dozens may have been infected with COVID-19 at Wisconsin anti-lockdown rally
I don't feel one whit of sorrow or empathy or sympathy for them.

I said it and I meant it.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Me too.

Pretty damn evident these guys just don't believe in how virulent it is and thinks it's all Fake News. Especially since their conservative leaders aren't really pushing that quarantine is the best thing to do right now.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Well, in the Trek world, the red shirt = death ...is there a MAGA hat equivalent?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

T'Pau wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 pm Well, in the Trek world, the red shirt = death ...is there a MAGA hat equivalent?
red Hat? Fucking idiot?
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

red hats all grouped together, sharing exhaled particles...

like a group of Trek red shirts, standing around with phasers drawn, and you just know they are short lived, no named fodder for that episodes baddies
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:36 pm Image
I just lost a LOT of IQ points reading those.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I had previously accused Brazilian Presient Jair Bolsonaro of handling this COVID-19 pandemic the worst of all leaders. I still stand by that but, Sweden has to be a close second.

The head of Sweden's no-lockdown coronavirus plan said the country's heavy death toll 'came as a surprise'
The man leading Sweden's coronavirus response says the country's elevated death toll "really came as a surprise to us."

Dr. Anders Tegnell, Sweden's state epidemiologist, appeared on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" on Tuesday, when he described the country's controversial approach.

"We never really calculated with a high death toll initially, I must say," he said.

"We calculated on more people being sick, but the death toll really came as a surprise to us."

As of Tuesday, Sweden reported more than 2,700 COVID-19 deaths and more than 23,000 infections. That death toll is far higher than its Nordic neighbors' and many other countries that locked down.

Tegnell said there were good points to Sweden's unusual strategy, which largely relies on people to socially distance without fixed rules.

But he acknowledged: "I am not saying we are successful in all different ways. I mean our death toll is really something we worry a lot about."

He noted that Sweden had the same issue as many European countries in terms of a significant number of deaths in nursing homes, even though visits to such homes have been banned in Sweden.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

“I Thought It Looks Like A Hysteria”—Coronavirus Skeptic Changes Tune After Contracting COVID-19
Until he got coronavirus, Brian Lee Hitchens of Jupiter, Florida, was one of the many people who believed the pandemic was a fake crisis at best and a total hoax at worst.

In a viral Facebook post Hitchens says he believed the virus was real, but thought it wasn’t serious and was “blown out of proportion.” Then about five weeks ago, he got sick.

He admitted to reporters, “I thought it [COVID-19] was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us.”

He added, “I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria.”
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:02 pm “I Thought It Looks Like A Hysteria”—Coronavirus Skeptic Changes Tune After Contracting COVID-19
Until he got coronavirus, Brian Lee Hitchens of Jupiter, Florida, was one of the many people who believed the pandemic was a fake crisis at best and a total hoax at worst.

In a viral Facebook post Hitchens says he believed the virus was real, but thought it wasn’t serious and was “blown out of proportion.” Then about five weeks ago, he got sick.

He admitted to reporters, “I thought it [COVID-19] was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us.”

He added, “I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria.”
Well... kinda good on him for seeing the light. Sucks it took getting the fucking disease to do that.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Nutso wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:02 pm “I Thought It Looks Like A Hysteria”—Coronavirus Skeptic Changes Tune After Contracting COVID-19

Well... kinda good on him for seeing the light. Sucks it took getting the fucking disease to do that.
We have people who believe Sandy Hook was a hoax. I can't find a rhyme nor reason why we are like this. It can't be as simple as collective dumbness. Is it an exponentially growing lack of empathy for the suffering of others? "If it ain't happen to me, it ain't no big deal?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

The thread, if you want to read.
https://twitter.com/jpm25/status/1266830912999710725

I don't understand why Healthcare Workers, who are essential workers, need to pay for testing from the very pandemic they are treating.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:11 am Image

The thread, if you want to read.
https://twitter.com/jpm25/status/1266830912999710725

I don't understand why Healthcare Workers, who are essential workers, need to pay for testing from the very pandemic they are treating.
Because America's healthcare system is bullshit.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Capitalism.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am curious what would an actual visit to the hospital cost of they didn't hike up the numbers. Like paying $80 for aspirin or something like that. Or how do they charge you for surgery?

Unfortunately the only way to fix the American Healthcare system is for both sides to fully want to do it. Right now and probably for the next four years (doesn't matter who is President) neither side will come together.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"