United Kingdom Members: What does the Tory 'rebellion" mean?

In the real world

United Kingdom Members: What does the Tory 'rebellion" mean?

Postby Nutso » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Does this really hurt Boris Johnson? Or Brexit? What will this entail for the political future of the U.K.? Where do you foresee the political landscape heading? Does this affect your voting choices in the future?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: United Kingdom Members: What does the Tory 'rebellion" m

Postby IanKennedy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Basically, we need to sack the lot of them and start fresh. They asked the people what they wanted and they said brexit. Parliament seems to have other ideas. We need a new general election and to see if we can get some one who will actually do what they are told. They seem to forget that they are there to represent the people and not their own personal agenda.

I find it completely insulting that the people complaining about Boris shutting down parliament are some how claiming this is an attack on democracy, when it's being done so that we get what the people decided should be done, ie to leave the EU, in a democratic vote. They want to overturn that and that's pretty undemocratic. The votes of 650 people should not overrule the votes of the 30+ million people that voted in the poll.

We keep having these petitions to try and stop stuff from happening. The largest one has only every reached 4.5m, with the latest getting to 1.4m. As I keep saying, when it gets to 15M let me know, that's how many people voted to get this done.
</rant>
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nutso » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Thanks for your input, Ian. Your last paragraph was particularly illuminating and not something I've seen stated elsewhere.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Postby Captain Seafort » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:26 pm

IanKennedy wrote:<snip>

Have you got any plans to add a "like" button to the forum software? This deserves a few dozen.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Return to Politics and Current Events