(Alleged) terror attack in Munich

In the real world
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

(Alleged) terror attack in Munich

Post by Mikey »

A lone shooter killed 9 and injured a further 21, then killed himself, in Munich this afternoon. Source

I can't even write anything anymore about these attacks. If we haven't gotten to hell yet, we're well on our way.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: (Alleged) terror attack in Munich

Post by Teaos »

Seems to be domestic mass shooting rather than terror.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Mikey wrote: I can't even write anything anymore about these attacks. If we haven't gotten to hell yet, we're well on our way.
I'm thinking we may need to have some courses for our kids to prepare them (and maybe ourselves) for the realities of the global 24/7 news cycle. I mean it wasn't so long ago Munich was being bombed to crap by the Americans while Dachau was "safe" a few miles out of town.

I'd think it'd be hard to argue against things being way way better. But we hear and see hitters wherever they happen in the world.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

sunnyside wrote:Dachau was "safe" a few miles out of town.
Safe, you know, except for the 30,000+ Jews, Catholics, and political prisoners and 4,000 - 8,000 Soviets who were murdered there, and the further 200,000 who were tortured and broken there.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Mikey wrote:
sunnyside wrote:Dachau was "safe" a few miles out of town.
Safe, you know, except for the 30,000+ Jews, Catholics, and political prisoners and 4,000 - 8,000 Soviets who were murdered there, and the further 200,000 who were tortured and broken there.
Hence the quotes. I meant it was safe from the aforementioned bombing, but by no means a safe place to be.

I guess in general things are statistically safer but we get any nasty happening on the planet right in front of our faces.

But that just seems to stick out even more when a place has a known history of horrors like Munich.