Find the Founders II discusion thread

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Find the Founders II discusion thread

Post by Nickswitz »

Wrong thread Teoas. But only my bro dies. Right. we win?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Technically Stitch and I died, but there is nothing you could do about me dying. Good guys win, again.

I'll be in for round 3.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

OK yeah. We thought this time. But we need more people to sign up. We should advertise the game in other threads.
The world ended

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Dammit. I know this would've gone differently if I hadn't been off-line for so long. Oh well... I'll do better in the next round. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

This from the walking liquid-gel :mrgreen:

J/K, bro. I thought you did quite well. It was just luck for Grundig that he scanned your blood first thing, otherwise things would quite possibly have gone quite differently.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:It was just luck for Grundig that he scanned your blood first thing, otherwise things would quite possibly have gone quite differently.
The real luck was Grundig's. He was my primary option for a first kill, as I suspected he'd have an important position. We went with Stitch due to a comment he made.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Which one?
The world ended

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nickswitz wrote:Which one?
Like I'm going to give tips to possible future Founders. :P
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok......who has any suggestions that they would like to see in FtF III to make it better???
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Have some evidence at the beginning to implicate Founders as the cause, so we don't have four pages of "I wonder what killed him/her?"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What do you guys think about time limits??? Do you think that say 3 real world days would be enough time before a "mandatory" night fell?
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Wow, what happened!?? I go to Vegas for one weekend, and the game's over. Good guess on Reliant! I wasn't sure about him. I was more thinking of Mark because of what Tsukiumi said towards the end there.

I'm in for another game. I don't have any ideas on improving the gameplay at the moment, but I'll think about it. Time limits are probably good. The founders should have more working in their favor - it seems really hard for them to win as it is. Was there a security guy? Who was it?
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'll let the security guard out himself if he wants to, but he can stay hidden.

I agree on a 3 day time limit before a manditory sleep, that is unless we are really close to doing something (as in holding a vote and just waiting for someone else to vote). This game dragged on for 2 weeks with nothing happening then I came in and said I was forcing a sleep and all of the sudden you pushed Tsu out the airlock. It drive the game foward.

Also I would make it manditory RP. Quite a few people were RPing then Grundig came in not realising they were doing it and started talking about the old game and stuff outside of the RPing which really threw people off.

I dont think we need to give the founders any advantages. The first game they did really well until Nic got cocky, they probably would have won, This game it was dumb luck that Grundig found out Tsu.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

For the next game, if you guys agree, I'd like to only allow one execution per "day". The last two games seems to come to an abrupt halt when both founders get pushed out the airlock in the same round. What do you guys think? Also, I was thinking that maybe as mod, I could toss out a couple of subtle clues to get things going. What do you think???
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I dont think that will work. Think about it.

6 people playing.

2 founders 4 normal.

One person is pretty much guaranteed to die right away since you cant airlock someone with our evidence.

That means your down to 2 founders and 3 normal.

If you kill an innocent on your first execution which is very possible (you killed me for no reason) its game over as it is then tied 2 all and the founders win.

I see no problem with the current format. Thus game we had luck on our side and the first game they almost won if it wasnt for my brilliant move of killing myself :P and Nic getting sloppy.