57%
No votes
7%

Total votes: 14
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Our Ship - Torpedo Configuration

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Deepcrush wrote:Doesn't seem very common to me. One ep, out of how many hundreds?
Actually we've seen phasers used at warp in multiple episodes. Voyager's Basics, Part 1 and again Message in a Bottle when the Prometheus wipes the floor with a Nebula-class ship. In DS9 The Jem'Hadar use phasers at warp in "Valient", a runabout used phasers in "trechery, faith, and the great river", More times in TOS then I can count. And this is just off the top of my head. So that's four episodes off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are a lot more examples
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Message in a Bottle, didn't the prommie come out of warp to engage the Neb?

Never even saw any combat other then the attack on the Dominion Battleship in Valient, and that wasn't at warp.

TOS, carry with a grain of salt as the same effects were used for torps as phasers.

Still only one.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:Message in a Bottle, didn't the prommie come out of warp to engage the Neb?

Never even saw any combat other then the attack on the Dominion Battleship in Valient, and that wasn't at warp.

TOS, carry with a grain of salt as the same effects were used for torps as phasers.

Still only one.
You forgot Basics pt 1. No the Prometheus did not drop out of warp. It switched to Multi-vector assault mode, manuvored to attack position and fired phasers.

In Valient Nog's runabout was attacked by a Jem'Hadar ship firing phasers.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Dominion ships don't use phasers.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:Dominion ships don't use phasers.
So you can remember they use phased polaron beam weapons on dominion attack ships, but you can't remember anyone firing phasers at warp?

Love how you evaded the point by the way. :P
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I think this is one of those things that shouldn't be, but unfortunately is, because some writer somewhere screwed the pooch. I was under the impression that the whole reason photon torpedeos were ORIGIANALLY developed was to have a weapon that would usable at warp speed. But, someone somewhere forgot about phaser beams travelling at lightspeed when a ship is travelling faster.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mark wrote:I think this is one of those things that shouldn't be, but unfortunately is, because some writer somewhere screwed the pooch. I was under the impression that the whole reason photon torpedeos were ORIGIANALLY developed was to have a weapon that would usable at warp speed. But, someone somewhere forgot about phaser beams travelling at lightspeed when a ship is travelling faster.
I'm pretty sure we even saw the NX-01 fire phase cannons at warp.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Dominion ships don't use phasers.
So you can remember they use phased polaron beam weapons on dominion attack ships, but you can't remember anyone firing phasers at warp?

Love how you evaded the point by the way. :P
You're maturity or lack there of makes it very hard for me to be nice. I promised I'd be nice, so lets avoid going down the dirt road and stick to topic.

Maybe you could tell us what this point is that I evaded. Are you saying that the Dominion uses phasers?

I can't remember off hand any eps where we saw on screen the dominion firing at warp.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Mark wrote:I think this is one of those things that shouldn't be, but unfortunately is, because some writer somewhere screwed the pooch. I was under the impression that the whole reason photon torpedeos were ORIGIANALLY developed was to have a weapon that would usable at warp speed. But, someone somewhere forgot about phaser beams travelling at lightspeed when a ship is travelling faster.
I'm pretty sure we even saw the NX-01 fire phase cannons at warp.
Evidence?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Agreed as I think they have even talked about how phasers work. But, then again, writers being what they are (worthless) in the matter of logic or IQ.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:
I can't remember off hand any eps where we saw on screen the dominion firing at warp.
If they can't but the Feds can, that doesn't speak well of the Federation that they almost got their asses handed to them despite being near invulnerable.

Seriously, think of the implications. It would be like a Fokker trying to fight an F-104.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

We may have seen matters that look like a ship firing phasers at warp but as phasers move at the speed of light we should write it off as the same as the 60 meter defiant.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:We may have seen matters that look like a ship firing phasers at warp but as phasers move at the speed of light we should write it off as the same as the 60 meter defiant.
*shrug* I'm more than willing to do so, I would like Chakat to produce an actual list of episodes though.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:It would be like a Fokker trying to fight an F-104.
You don't have to fight an F-104; you just have to wait until it kills its own pilot.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
You don't have to fight an F-104; you just have to wait until it kills its own pilot.
That's more of a training issue than anything else. But if you want a better option, than there's the CF-100.