Dark Heresy: Illumination

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick screamed at the little man. Thrusting his elbow out, Erick watched the little man easily dodge both the elbow and the follow up axe strike. Enrick, desperate for landing a hit. Choked up on the axe and in a back handed swing stuck the axe deep into the man's gut. Blood spilled as the blade cut through flesh and organ alike.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia didn't flinch as several bullets snapped by her, keeping her gaze fixed firmly on the native she'd missed. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the adept Marco taking aim at the same man. Cocking her revolver again she squeezed the trigger. Her revolver cracked and the native's head snapped back with a spray of blood as her shot struck him in the head. With the adept taking aim she counted him as good as dead. She turned carefully and spotted another native staggering with a bloody bullet wound in his arm. She fired again and was rewarded with a bloody flower blossoming in the center of his chest as he dropped.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Marco sighted down his revolver, looking for a clear shot. Beside him he saw Phebia score a hit right on the head of one of the attackers. But as he watched, the man staggered back to his feet, blood streaming down the side of his face as he raised his own weapon to retaliate.
Without thinking Karibi squeezed the trigger, feeling the weapon buck in his hand and hitting the assailant in the chest. The man collapsed in a small heap on the ground and stopped moving.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Before she had even finished cursing her miss, blood exploded from the chest of the man Haxta had been aiming for. She had a brief flash of annoyance, but suppressed it, what did it matter that someone else had taken care of the goon? Turning slightly, she brought her weapon around towards another of the aggressors, and gave the trigger a double squeeze. Both beams struck the man square in the chest, twin smoking holes appearing in his flesh. He staggered a step and fell on his face. Haxta smiled behind her mask.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Shadows swirled around Trask once again, as his image - meters away from his actual position - span, looking for a new target. His team all seemed to be engaged to his right so he addressed one of the primitives approaching from the east, to his left. With more time now, Milo squeezed his trigger three times; his pistol's double action pumped seamlessly. The Emperor's eye was on him as all three rounds hit the man squarely in the chest, knocking him down and opening a fair-sized crater in the native's ribcage.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

0907 Day Two:

As his last companion falls the Ashleen thug on the end of Von Hayden's axe turns to run, his intestines and organs spilling from his gut in a flood of blood and gore. Unfortunately for him, he snags his foot in one of the loops of his one intestine and trips, falling headfirst into the nearby stairs. There is a loud, wet crack as his skull fractures and he lays in a pool of his own blood. Dead.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

0907 Day Two:

After the last of the native assailants killed himself trying to run, Milo paused for a moment in concentration. "There," he said, "at least we'll be safe from any local enforcers with scanners." Kneeling by one of the corpses and studying his facial markings, he added tersely, "Local cult, tied to the Ghostfire pollen. Some debased perversion of the Ministorum's teachings mixed with a die-hard native faith, no doubt. Wonder why they attacked like that, though, or why the rest of the crowd ignored them so?"

Milo proceeded to begin searching the corpses for any clues.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

09:08

Shaking slightly, weapon still drawn, Marco walked over to the corpse of the cultist he'd shot and prodded it with his foot. Gingerly, he knelt down to inspect the markings.

"You're right." He said, looking over at the psyker. "And I can think of just two possibilities to explain why the crowd ignored them. And I don't like either one. Either they were too scared to act.....or the cultists have some strong support here." Pushing his revulsion to the back of his mind, Karibi began assisting Milo in inspecting the corpses. After a moment's hesitation, he pocketed the man's revolver and what ammunition he had left.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

9:08

"Well," Phebia said, "Lets ask." She takes two long strides and plants her boot in the chest of the wild haired stranger who's charge had started the mess. She pushed hard and jammed him down on pavement, putting a good bit of force behind her foot to keep him there. Cocking her revolver she pointed it at his head. "Who are you and why did those fools attack us?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

0908 Day Two

The half-naked man under Phebia's boot mumbles some barely understandable phrases.

"He's here, he's here again, the Crow Father come
to drown us in lies!"

"False, false, the two faces he has! First of three
has two!"

"His hill shall run with blood!"

"They have grasped a serpent to their hearts, fools!
Pity the damned fools!"

After the man finishes his gibbering you notice pink foam at his lips, as the life appears to drain from his body.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

0908, Day Two

Trask had knelt by the two bodies which he had helped assume room temperature, studying their obscene facial markings and surreptitiously pocketing the knives, revolvers, and ammo. He rose at once as he heard the wild-eyed cultist begin his babbling in answer to the Sororitas' questions. Quickly closing on Phebia and the cultist, he blurted, "Enough of your filth!" even as the man appeared to be dying. Trask knelt down and slammed one of the purloined knives into the man's mandible, through his palate, and up into his cranium.

Looking around at his teammates' surprised glances, he just shrugged and said, "Nobody needed to hear that rot. A simple backwoods grox-fucker, not worthy of the Emperor's light." Trask went back to the bodies he'd been rifling, and proceeded to cut a pinky from each one's right hand.
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia watched Milo suspiciously. She was surprised when he finished off the bare chested stranger. "Not your decision witch!" she snarled. She was prepared to berate him further but came up short when she noticed some of the natives poking their heads out again looking at them. She focused on rapidly reloading her revolver then holstering it and readying her carbine. She took up position on the west end of the group, her attention focused down the street. "Perhaps we should get moving again."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

09:09 - day two

Pahr slung his rifle over his shoulder with an annoyed grunt; he had hoped to kill more of the heretics himself. Scooping up his grapnel, he clipped it onto his belt, and attached his climbing harness to it's cable.

He dropped swiftly to the alleyway below, slowing at the last second. Pressing the release button on the grapnel, the cable disengaged from the rooftop and quickly retracted.

He silently joined the others, taking up a position to watch the other end of the alley.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

0909 - Day Two

"We are all acolytes of the Holy Ordos now, sister," Milo replied darkly, with a definite sneer on the last word. "It is as much my decision as anyone's. Your lip-service and empty oaths with which you pretend piety don't give you any authority over me. 'Witch,' you call me... but of us two, only one of us has touched the face of Holy Terra and knelt to receive the light of the Emperor. Instead, heresy is bred in the institutions which foster hypocrisy in reverence and personal aims over service to the Golden Throne... institutions like your precious Adepta Sororitas, the Guard, the Navy-" There was noticeable venom in Trask's voice when he mentioned the Imperial Navy; he clamped his mouth shut, as if surprised by what he had just let out, and resolutely turned to the road ahead.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick cleaned off his axe and slung it over his shoulder. Pulling out his log book he wrote down "Two kills, unknown ID." in small print. Putting away his log book. Enrick turned quickly, walking between Milo and Phebia. "If you two are done complaining like little children. We have work to do. They were the first deaths of this mission, they won't be the last." Slipping out his shotgun, his sense of battle still ringing in the back of his mind. "Anyone feel like they need more blood! Lets do it now before we get to far ahead!" Looking back and forth between the arguing pair, eyes burning with blood rage. "WELL! Are we going to fight or move on with our jobs!? Take your damned time, I'm on the clock!"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu