Dark Heresy: Illumination

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"I'm afraid not." Karibi called out over the noise of the Valkyrie's engines as the pilot prepared to take them back up. "I've got a plan of the underground facility, but the thing's not picking up the Overseer's signature."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"As much haste as we can manage then, this creature has a head start on us." Phebia closed her eyes and began to mutter prayers to the Emperor for his swiftness for their passage and clarity for Karibi.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

1221, Day Three

Milo laughed half-heartedly at Enrick's response, the noticed the female assassin's enigmatic stare. He had spent his entire adult life trying to convince himself - and everyone else - differently, but the thought came that no matter how dedicated he was, he would never be seen as anything more than an abhuman or mutant. Very well, he thought, if that's how the game is to be played...

He looked up and grunted in response to Karibi. Screwing his eyes shut tightly, he concentrated until he shook and his teeth ground audibly. Opening his eyes again, he looked around and said weakly, "I can't sense the thing. Let me compose myself, I'll try again shortly."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1221, day 3

Haxta took Phebia's example, though she did not speak, but transmitted her prayers through her mircobead, beseeching the Omnissiah to rouse the righteous fury of the machine spirits of their weapons, to grant speed to the Valkyrie, to guide the auspex's sensors to their target. Her voice spilled out of every bead, and from the Valkyrie's vox, the multiple sources all joining together in a swelling harmony of prayer and blessing for the task they sought to complete.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1221, Day Three

Milo grimaced as a litany of praise for the "Omnissiah" from the tech-priestess poured from his vox-bead. All his teammates might consider him a freak, he reflected, but at least he worshipped the true Emperor. He reached up and temporarily killed the feed from his vox.
as Bull offed Custer
Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Uzume »

1221 day 3

Lot watched Trask intently before slowly approaching him. She reached out and gently touched his arm and took her place next to him. She said nothing, yet hoped he felt both her respect and fear. She looked at Pahr, he looked determined, yet tired. She noted the wary faces of battle within the Valkyrie and was glad to see the strength lying beneath. Then leaning her head back, she closed her eyes focusing on the cloaked figure burned in her memory.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1221, Day Three

As Lot moved to take her seat, she rested her hand on Milo's arm. He tensed instinctively and glanced sharply from under his eyelids, but there was no guile in her face. Forcing himself to relax, he closed his eyes and steeled himself for another attempt to reach into the soul-sucking vortex that was the Slaugth's mind.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Pilot, take us up." Karibi yelled into his combead, eager to get everyone moving. "Take us south by south west towards the wilderness. Low altitude, slow speed. Do not alter course without my say so." The pilot responded quickly, the engines of the gunship suddenly roaring into action. Turning to the open hatch, Marco yelled a brief "Good luck!" that was lost in the Valkyrie's roar. Stepping quickly away from the hatch and strapping himself into a nearby seat, the Adept stared intently at the auspex, wondering just where the devivce would lead them.

"This is it!" Karibi yelled suddenly, after more than ten minutes of concentrated silence. "Pilot, stop here. Rotate the gunship port so we can get a look at what's ahead of us." After fumbling with the seat restraints for a brief moment, the Adept jumped up out of the seat, doing his best to keep his ballance as the Valkyrie whined to a halt and swung sideways. The tunnel had ran for a surprising distance; a full 5 kilometres. As soon as the aircarft stopped moving he hurried to the hatch, looking quickly from the auspex to the terrain, trying to match what he saw with his eyes to what he saw with the device.

"It should be...THERE!" He called out to the others, pointing. About 50 metres or so ahead was a cave, well hidden amongst the rubble and detritus of a small cliff face. "That's where the tunnel ends." Karibi said, turning to look back at the others. "Through the cave is a short passage which leads to a large chamber of some sort. That chamber connects to the tunnel that ran from out of the cathedral." Karibi paused, suddenly unsure of what to do. From the looks of things they had indeed arrived ahead of the Overseer, but his plans hadn't quite progressed to the point where they confronted the creature.

"Suggestions?" He asked, looking back at the others.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Uzume wrote:Lot looked the tall handsome soldier up and down, " For a big fellow your digs are a little low, don't cha think?" Then she gave him a wink and a light punch in the arm.
Enrick laughed for a second and then stopped with a confused look on his face. "Hahahaha... hey what now?"
Mikey wrote:Milo laughed half-heartedly at Enrick's response,
Enrick reached back and punched Trask's knee. "Hey! Cheer up a bit. We're not dead quite yet!"
Sionnach Glic wrote:"Suggestions?" He asked, looking back at the others.
Enrick poked Karibi and pointed out the gunship. Yelling over the external noise, "Get me in front of the thing! I'll take the Ogryn and Stormtroopers down too engage it. Then you go and land behind it and work your way forward. Once we get it stuck in a fire fight..." Making a circle motion with his free hand. "...You come from behind and we'll have the gunship engage from the air. That way, each part of the attack will have weapons able to hurt the bastard."

Enrick looked over to the Stormtroopers. "Ready to deploy! Spread formation, five meters! Center on me!" Several nods let Enrick know they understood. "Ogryn! Ready to serve the Emperor?"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1234, Day Three

Milo walked over to the doorway where Karibi was standing. Bracing himself with one hand, he looked down at the cave mouth, then stood upright with a pained look on his face. "That thing is down there, alright. I'm going to try to see if he's got company." Milo squinted in concentration as he spoke, and the last words of his sentence, as well as Enrick's address to the troopers echoed as if spoken in a tunnel.
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

After a brief moment of concentration, Milo reopened his eyes and said, "It's alone in there, but..." His voice echoed around the cabin of the transport before sound returned to normal and he added, "Haxta? Could you make a scan with Karibi's auspex?"
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"But what? Don't say but! Just say it little man."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1235, Day Three

"But what? Don't say but! Just say it little man," said Enrick.

Milo looked all around the cabin in mock confusion, then at the guardsman. "Are we even in the same room? I said we need a scan of the interior of that cave. You want to drop in there just to find out that thing's got a Baneblade ready to hit the road?"
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick mock copied Trask... "Blah blah blah... finishing a sentence to much for you???"
Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Uzume »

Lot stood up, "if you two feel like playing schoolyard games, do it later. We have big boy problems here; right now. "Now if you gentlemen are through pissing maybe we can find out just what we're up against." She straighten her shoulders and stared impatiently at them both.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous