Dark Heresy: Illumination

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Tyyr »

6:33
Phebia let the impulse to rearrange the purser's face with her flail pass quickly, her serene smile not changing at all as the murderous thought flitted through her consciousness. "Well, there is something," she said. "My friend here and I were wondering if you might help us. You see we're missing a few vital things we need and we would be very, grateful, if you could help."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

6:31

"Long enough, I guess," the cook answered.

Noticing the small tattoo on the cook's shoulder as he turned to move a discarded tray, Milo spoke in the old Battlefleet War Cant even though it didn't allow for much conversation. "Frigate, cruiser, or battleship?"

The cook's beared visage whipped around and a grin spread across it. "Another Navy man?"

"Born and raised on an Endurance-class, seen too much top brass worried about their own politics instead of punishing the enemy, and now on an Administratum job." The two men chatted amiably for a while, until Milo mentioned how under-equipped his bureaucracy had sent him. "No rations, no drink, barely a sidearm," he said.

Cookie leaned close and said in a whisper, "Meet me back here in two hours."

8:29

A wall moved in the darkened mess hall, which wall turned out to be the shaded form of Cookie. "You alone?"

"Of course," Trask answered.

"Best I could do for ya, but I wish I could do more. I know what ya been through with the Navy brass, an' we gotta stick together, right?"

Inside the sack which Cookie left on the floor before leaving was a bottle of Ol' Janx Spirit; a box of ration packs along with some cake-bars, jerky, and dried fruit; and a slightly older but maintained naval stub auto.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

6:34 PM Day One

Sebek reacts to Phebia's request with a glance at her armour, clearly imagining it's contents. "I'm sorry honoured Lady but I'm afraid that anything outside of the usual is going to cost you."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

6:34
Phebia's face hardened a bit, she wasn't above a little flirting to try and get something but there were limits. "Is that so?" she asked icily.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

6:35 PM Day One

Von Hayden doesn't give Sebek enough time to respond to Phebia's reply, he reaches over the table and grabs the pursers robes with his fist, the other still occupied with eating.

"Listen lackey", he mumbles through a mouth of food "we need some ammo and you've got it, bring some by tonight or your meeting the business end of my shotgun. Understood?"

Sebek rapidly nods his assent and at being released practically runs out of the mess hall, dark stains on the front and back of his robes.

830 PM Day One

You look up as the door to your bunkroom opens to admit the figure of the ships purser, struggling under the weight of a very old ammo box. He sets it down in the centre of the room and backs away meekly. "I hope this meets with your approval Lords, it is all I could get." At this he backs his way out of the room and the door slams shut.

Upon opening the metal box you see a selection of various types of ammo. A few charge packs for laspistols and rifles, stub ammo and two dilapidated grenades.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

8:31 PM

Pahr glanced up from his bunk, and examined the crate's contents. He noticed a few dozen rounds of rifle ammo, but he'd already brought as much as he could carry.

He returned to his meditation.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

6:35
As Enrick let Sebek back down Phebia smiled sweetly. "Next time don't push your luck with your betters."

8:30
Phebia looked inside the crate, quickly snatching up a pair of las packs for her carbine and a box of stub ammo. She picked up one of the grenades and held it aloft. "Anyone object?" she asked as she pocketed the frag.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

8:30 PM - Day One
Enrick leaned over the ammo crate and started shifting through for anything he can use. Picking up a las mag, a frag and a dozen shotgun rounds. "Now this is a good time waiting to start..." he said as he looked at the frag in his hand.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

8:31 - "No problem," Milo answered absently as he dug out two spare stub auto clips and one full one. Looking around - especially at Phebia - he added, "Here, just so nobody thinks I owe them." He then distributed a couple of his new ration-packs to each acolyte.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

8:31 PM - Day One
Enrick returned to his bunk. Laying back down, he looked over at Phebia. "Seems the little man prefers my charm to yours Sister." Enrick did wait for anyone else to laugh at the joke before he broke out in a loud booming laugh of his own.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

8:31
Phebia chuckled, "Well everyone can't have good taste."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

0800 Day Three

After three days of continuous shuddering motion, you feel a sudden lurch and a sickening wrenching sensation that can only mean that the Brazen Sky has dropped out of warp. After a few minutes, the pale-faced purser appears in the hatchway with a flourish and and advises you that you must "pack your gear and present yourselves in Forward Hold 2/DZ015 for debarkation to Iocanthhos".

He leads to the mentioned hold, a long, narrow and high-vaulted room that contains a modest sized lighter. The access hatch is already open for you while crew load supplies and cargo into the craft. A deck officer takes a slate from the purser who bids you a fawning "Honoured guests, you must depart". And leaves the hold.

The dirty, hard faced deck officer turns to you and asks, "Any of you ever been on a drop before?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

8:20
Phebia watched the purser leave with a grin. "A drop, of course," she replied before picking up her things and heading for the lander.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

8:20

Karibi looked at the man with an unpleasant sinking feeling.
"Exactly what do you mean by 'drop'?"
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

8:20 pm Day three.

Enrick looked at Karibi and laughed. "What about that word don't you understand." Enrick slapped the little man on the back. "Don't worry. If anything happens, you won't have to feel it for long..." Enrick's laugh turned booming.