Dark Heresy: Illumination

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Mikey »

"Right," Milo said, "if nobody wants this, I think I might have a use for it." He glanced curiously at Ferringo before rolling the void-suit into its helmet and stuffing it in his pack.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1245 Day Three:

Ferringo doesn't appear to notice Trask's look. He talks briefly with the Valkyrie crew over his bead before instructing Nurk to take point into the tunnel.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1245-1430:

The walk to the Cathedral is a long and boring affair. At first various party members scan the rough cut tunnel with interest, perhaps hoping to find something valuable or at least something to distract from the endless view of rock and dirt but that rapidly gives way to mind numbing boredom.

After an hour you notice Nurk sniffing the air like a hound at dinner, he comments to Ferringo shortly after, "meat, you smell?" Ferringo mutters something in return but it isn't until another half hour later that the party picks up the smell. There's the metallic tang of blood in the air and the unmistakable smell of rotting flesh. The tunnel ends shortly after at an open steel door, through which you can see a literal carnal house. Blood covers the floor and there are corpses piled on rough iron tables, most with the heads cut open and the brains removed. Jars of organs stand on more iron shelves and there are several plastek smocks hanging from hooks set into a door at the far end of the room.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

1430 Day 3

"By the throne," Phebia murmurs before she begins to chant a prayer under her breath. "This monster did not die soon enough. Emperor give us strength."

Haxta looked up from the data slates she'd been trying to decode and shuddered. She immediately went back to staring at the data slates intently.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick laughed. "Thank the Emperor for these masks. I don't think my belly would handle this too well."
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1430 Day Three:

As the party moves into the next room you can hear the sound of engines, followed shortly by the moving of debris and dirt above. The room beyond the slaughterhouse is filled with odds and ends, kit for the Frateris Militia who would have been assigned here, a rack holding a dozen laslocks is in the corner just off to the side of the stairs leading to the now destroyed cathedral.

On an iron table there is a row of small strongboxes, all locked.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Somehow I expected more," Phebia said. "I suppose the thing was relying entirely on the Bishop to carry out its scheme."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tyyr wrote:1430

"Somehow I expected more," Phebia said. "I suppose the thing was relying entirely on the Bishop to carry out its scheme."
"That or we caught them before they were ready."
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I pray to the Emperor that it is so. Perhaps the Bishop tainted only himself with his blasphemy."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1431, Day Three

"Interrogator, can you confirm that noise above is our activity?" Trask asked before casually glancing around the room. Turning to the locked strongboxes on the table, he drew his sword. Pale blue energy flickered along it as he used the tip to easily pry the locks off the boxes. Inspecting the contents of each in turn, he rummaged through a few before calling out to the team. "Hey kids, check this out. Some drugs - three vials each of obscura, de-tox, combat stimms, and spook," he announced while reading the labels, "plus three packs of lho-sticks. If nobody objects, I'm gonna grab the spook, a vial of the de-tox, and the injector. Plus," he grinned broadly, "there's cash. Looks like enough for 1,000 thrones for each of us." Milo finished looking through the last box, and gave out a low whistle. "Once we're done here," he said, holding up a dusty bottle of vintage amasec, "I believe we should share this and toast the the grace of the Golden Throne."
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1431 Day Three:

Ferringo nods in response to Trask's question, "yes, it is."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I shall abstain, but I share the sentiment."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1432-1545 Day Three:

The last of the rubble above the door is cleared away and a squad of troopers comes down the stairs, followed by a group of men in smocks carrying cases of equipment. Ferringo gives the smocked men instructions to "take the place apart" before having the troopers assist you with loading your kit and loot onto a waiting lifter above ground. As you strap yourselves in, you see Ferringo wave good bye to Nurk, who is staying with the troopers to secure the site before the door closes and the craft launches it self into the air.

Ferringo explains that a team will stay behind to go over every inch of the cathedral and hanger for anything the team wasn't equipped to find and you and him are now bound for an Inquisition asteroid station located in the same system as Sepheris Secundus for debriefing and some down time. A period expected to take around six months.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1543, Day Three

As the team prepared to board the lighter, Trask walked close to Ferringo and whispered, "I trust, interrogator, that you will provide me with the info we had discussed regarding the Eternal Vigilance incident?" Milo extended his hand to the interrogator while waiting for his answer.

1545, Day Three

As the acolytes found their seats on the lighter, Milo produced the old bottle of amasec recovered from the bishop's cache. He broke the seal, pulled the stopper, and raised the bottle, calling, "To the succesful service of Him-on-Terra, and His continued grace!" He took a long pull, then held the bottle out for the next person.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:1543, Day Three

As the team prepared to board the lighter, Trask walked close to Ferringo and whispered, "I trust, interrogator, that you will provide me with the info we had discussed regarding the Eternal Vigilance incident?" Milo extended his hand to the interrogator while waiting for his answer.

1545, Day Three

As the acolytes found their seats on the lighter, Milo produced the old bottle of amasec recovered from the bishop's cache. He broke the seal, pulled the stopper, and raised the bottle, calling, "To the succesful service of Him-on-Terra, and His continued grace!" He took a long pull, then held the bottle out for the next person.
1543 Day Three:

Ferringo takes your hand and replies, "of course. See me when we are settled on board ship."