The Earth/Romulan War Episode I OOC Chatter

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Earth/Romulan War Episode I OOC Chatter

Post by Mikey »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Mark, Do we have room for a sniper? Or at least a riflemen who is unusually accurate?
It's Mark's call, I guess, but we did see a dedicated sniper variant or MBR variant of the standard MACO longarm in the show; and I don't see any reason why a MACO squad or fireteam couldn't have a DM like modern RL grunt teams do.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

A sniper isn't standard issue for a platoon, but considering what we are doing, I don't have any problem with a sniper. But keep in mind Alex that a sniper is a specialty job. A sniper won't be running up and down corridors blasting Remans or any of that. He'd be stationed in a concealed blind alone, likely high above the action, taking out sentries, providing cover fire, that sort of thing. He'll have specialized equipment, like enhanced targeting scoped, likely a specialized sniper rifle weapon, that sort of thing.

If thats what you want to do...by all means. :)

If your looking to make a character thats able to shoot a flea off a rats ass at a hundred yards while storming up a corridor under fire, then you'd likely wanna go in a slightly different direction.

Neither of which I have a problem with, just let us know :)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Normal maco, sniper when needed.
ImageImage
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Then go ahead and draw up a MACO. I'd suggest a Corporal (that would give you command of a four man fire team), if you like playing the MACO, we can promote you later on.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I have posted my MACO. I have also gone and changed the medical staff list and I have fixed the deck plan. Later, If our Sergeant is killed, Can I take over?

I have now got an intro post up for my MACO.
ImageImage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

SG, any thoughts as to watch way you want to go with the introduction of the Andorians/my char?
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

On that note, what's going on in general?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:On that note, what's going on in general?
I had asked SG if he wanted my char to be part of an Andorian task group supplying intel to the Aegis' force, to be a survivor of a Romulan attack, or to be part of a task group that came to the Aegis' aid (with the possibility in the latter two cases of my char becoming attached to the Aegis.)
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

So the Aegis is being attacked? I've missed a page somewhere. Fair does.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I was just thinking: I promise I will have a plot-moving post up at least in the next week! My academics got a bit busy this month... Right now the ships is approaching the previously mentioned rendezvous with the other Starfleet ships. From there, there will likely be some sort of fleet action before moving onto the assault on the target. If i recall the pre-mission briefing post correctly: the ships we are rendezvousing with are to help deal with whatever border forces the Romulans have and allow us (Aegis) to slip through into Romulan space. More details forthcoming.

Mikey, give me a day or two to figure out what the timeline of the story is, and then we can figure out what happens to your character. Does that work?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:So the Aegis is being attacked? I've missed a page somewhere. Fair does.
No... but it will be attacked. Funny thing about war, that.
Sonic Glitch wrote:Mikey, give me a day or two to figure out what the timeline of the story is, and then we can figure out what happens to your character. Does that work?
NP, dude. I've got worry about setting up a hit-away, anyway. Take your kid to a few clinics with a former major-leaguer, and all of a sudden she's a fiend for batting practice.
as Bull offed Custer
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I was considering designing a mission patch for the Aegis and was wondering, do we have a motto? Also is there anything that anyone would really really like on the patch?
ImageImage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

"The best damn crew in the fleet."

Well, at least that's my motto. :mrgreen:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well, apparently the aegis is/was the shield/coat/something like that of Zeus and/or Athena and mostly a symbol of protection. Perhaps a quote in that theme -- protection?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Perhaps this? Would fit with the Starfleet tradition as well

"“In a world in which the total of human knowledge is doubling about every ten years, our security can rest only on our ability to learn” -- Nathaniel Branden

[edit] Or this?

“It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as death is concerned, we men live in a city without walls.”-- Epicurus