Rescue ambushed station/ship
17%

Total votes: 6
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: These are the voyages?

Post by Nickswitz »

My guy as well as Stitch's guy makes it.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

How about the Captain?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Nickswitz wrote:My guy as well as Stitch's guy makes it.
I have two. The human and the Andorian. Flip a coin to see who survives (or, they both make it, and flip a coin to see who makes it onto this ship).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm gonna assume all PCs make it unless otherwise stated.

But, NPCs..........who survived?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:I'm gonna assume all PCs make it unless otherwise stated.

But, NPCs..........who survived?
The captain was an NPC. How do we feel about her? Down with the ship, or fight another day?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

My first thought is the Captain and a handfull of volunteers (NPCs) stayed behind and fought the no win battle to give the rest of us time to escape. That would let us clean things up, ALOT. The character roster for this RP is quite a clusterfuck, you'll have to agree.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Good idea IMHO.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

This is my recommendation.

ALL NPCs die. They all volunteered to stay on the ship and fight till the last to cover our escape. Plus, if anyone has any characters they don't want anymore, thats a noble way to get rid of them.

All active PCs will get reassigned together on the new ship. We can work out jobs, ranks, and positions when we figure out whose all playing.

All inactive PCs will survive, but assume reassigned to other postings during the war.

Nice and simple.

So, we'll need to know whose committing to playing aside from Mikey and Me, so far. Please either create a new character or copy over your old one ASAP.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:This is my recommendation.

ALL NPCs die. They all volunteered to stay on the ship and fight till the last to cover our escape. Plus, if anyone has any characters they don't want anymore, thats a noble way to get rid of them.

All active PCs will get reassigned together on the new ship. We can work out jobs, ranks, and positions when we figure out whose all playing.

All inactive PCs will survive, but assume reassigned to other postings during the war.

Nice and simple.

So, we'll need to know whose committing to playing aside from Mikey and Me, so far. Please either create a new character or copy over your old one ASAP.
I'm in. Keep in mind, some of the PC's are trying to stage a rescue mission. Perhaps that's the Heroic Sacrifice? NPCs and others stay behind to let the team rescue Nelson and escape, unfortunately losing the opportunity to escape themselves?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I like that idea. I want my guy to be a tech for the new ship, as well as a rank reduction for nearly saving a ship while also nearly destroying it... :lol-flag:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

IIRC, in one of Nelson's last posts, he finds out that Romulan reenforcements are on the way. Say one of the Buran's warp nacelles get blown to hell, something there is no way around outside of a starbase. So, they defeat the first wave of Romulans, and send a second mission to see if they can secure an Orion ship or some other way out. Well, they find the ship but with the Romulans on the way they realize they'll never make it to safety unless the Buran can hold them off.

Nelson and the Orion chic get rescued, the rest of the PCs steal an Orion pirate ship and escape at high speed (which could explain the sudden tech jump for starfleet), and the Buran remains behind with a skeleten crew to cover their escape. Just as the PCs get away, on extreme long range sensors they see the Buran meet a fiery end in battle.

Point

Set

Match
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I like it!
How far are we jumping ahead? 6 months? A year?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'll copy mine as soon as I can find them... and maybe one will have a modified assignment.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

How does this sound to everyone? This is my vague outline of an idea for where to go from here.

Mark writes the conclusion post with all most of the PCs/crew escaping to fight another day after the heroic sacrifice of their comrades. Shortly after the destruction of the NX-06 Buran the Romulan War begins in earnest, with the earth starfleet taking some dreadful losses in both manpower and starships. Meanwhile, the survivors of the Buran return to Earth, where the Daedalus class is being developed, with their stolen Orion ship.

We jump forward a year to find the Daedalus class is entering production (due to the war effort, 3 ships were built concurrently and would be comissioned at the same time -- but the Daedalus is the "first"). This allows us to take our characters where we want in the space of that year, and allows us to plan for say 6 months of studying the advanced orion tech, and then 6 months of designing/integrating/upgrading the original Daedalus design for production. I sort of imagine the Daedalus class, at least in our 'verse as the equivelent of the Stargate's X-304 (which I just realized the first X-304 is called "Daedalus" --- I swear the connection is unintentional!) -- rather than having advanced or alien tech added in after the fact, the Daedalus class is designed with the advanced tech.

I think we should keep the captain an NPC but my plan for Federov is that, due to the manpower shortage incurred by the war, he entered a command course upon return to Earth and is now a Lieutenant Commander (or commander if necessary/believable) and the first officer of the third Daedalus class ship. Using his position he manages to re-unite most if not all of the Buran crew. At this point in the war, the Andorians are allies to the Earth Starfleet and managing to stem the tide of the Romulan advance while the Vulcan's are sitting out (we can say that's to prevent spread of knowledge of their relation to the Romulans, and/or the pacifist nature of Surak). However, when an Earth starship goes missing on a critical mission (or something like that) our new ship is sent to investigate.

This is just a suggestion, I think it works well overall but if anyone has detail suggestions to make feel free. I figured this gives us the freedom to develop our characters a little more off-screen (perhaps one of the engineers works on the team studying the captured ship? I don't know) and chart a little unofficial Trek history of our -- the Romulan war really is wide open for us. My ideas on the Andorians and Vulcans are not the way things have to be if people strenuously object, just my take on the subject.

Also, what are we going to call her? Buran II? I think it's a little early to start Starfleets policy of continuing famous names -- it doesn't seem to really begin until the E-nil. I think it would be kind of cool to use one of the few named Daedalus class ships we know of; looking through the DITL entry we have Archon, Carolina, Daedalus, Essex, and Horizon. for some reason (I'm really not sure myself) -- more of a vague feeling -- I feel like we shouldn't use Daedalus.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Check with Reliant first....he had the XO slot on the Buran. And we might want to make two characters each, considering that only 3 or 4 of us even seem slightly interested.

Obviously, I'm keeping Nelson, just giving him a bigger team. I figure we can duke it out face to face with the Remans without violating Trek cannon. I'll likely keep Xiva with us somehow, but if needed, I can play any character in a starship role.

I need commitments from those playing before I can write the story.