Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Captain Griffin Mission #1

Post by Teaos »

Captain Griffin

USS Perth (Steam Runner)

Personal and ship status: Newly promoted Captain, former Science officer Captain Griffin has just taken over command of the USS Perth, A Steam Runner class vessel, Stationed out of Starbase A-44 near the Tholian Boarder. The former captain has taken a position in the ship yards of Andoria and along with him, many of the former crew have also been reassigned. With a almost entirely new crew you are faced with shaping the crew and vessel into one of the finest in Starfleet.

Captain Griffin, formerly Science
Command 40
Science 40
Engineering 45
Tactical 45
Opps 30

Ship moral 50/100

Mission: There have been numerous instences over the past few months of increases pirate activity in this sector of space, numerous cargo vessels, both Federation and unflagged have reported either harrasment, or outright hostility from raiders while on their supply runs to the local systems.

Your mission is to investigate the increase in pirate activity in the sector and provide support. You will not have any available support as the sector is still running on depleated numbers since the war.

A Federation cargo ship is leaving the starbase in 2 days to head back to Andoria and pick up new supplies having finished its run, two other non Federation vessles will be passing by in the next week during their run in this sector.

(Alright captain time for your first orders, as I said, this is a very open senerio, you can do anything, but remember, you get reviewed at the end so you should try to follow Starfleets usual rules and regulations, post your first orders bellow)
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Re: Captain Griffin Mission #1

Post by Griffin »

I order a compilation/examination of the attacks to try and see if there's any kind pattern in where exactly the attacks are happening, what cargo they're carrying, their origin/destination or their crew manifests.

While that's being worked on I want to liaison with the captain of this Federation cargo ship and make arrangements to follow them out half an hour behind, with the Perth stopping every so often to check out some 'interesting' asteroids or something in an effort to mask what were doing, while maintaining radio contact.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your examination of the attacks show no immediate pattern, although the timing and location of the attacks would point to as few as two ships raiding, as there is usually several days to weeks between raids and at diverse locations.

You begin to trail the Federation cargo vessel performing standard cartography along the way. There is no immediate detection of trouble.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I continue trailing the cargo ship, drifting away on course that'll slightly increase the gap between us.

Meanwhile, I want some people analyzing the reports to see if we can't figure out who the raiders are or at least what they're using, by using visual observations and reports on their tactics.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You continue to annayze the reports but find no under lying pattern, by the timing and distance of the attacks you are certain there is more than a single vessel but not if they are co-ordinating or based out of anywhere.

While trailing the Federation cargo vessel you recieve a message from the starbase that one of the unflagged cargo vessels has been attacked, while turning around to try and get to the safety of the Starbase it was destroyed when the attacking craft tried to disable it. It did send a data burst along with its SOS, but due to the attack and its destruction, it is corrupted and unreadable.

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I wish the Cargo vessel well, and order an Intercept course to the site of the vessel's destruction.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You arrive at the debree field of the destroyed cargo vessel. There is no sign of the attacking vessel and the starbases long range sensors lost contact with it an hour after the attack.

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I want to see if we can pick up any warp signatures. Failing that, I want to know which way the Starbase's long range sensor say they were headed. If either comes up with a trail, I want us to follow.

I also order a scan of the debris. See if we can't see what types of weapons they were using. It may give us an idea of what we'll be up against.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your scan of the degree brings up two points if note, one if that the weapons were of very high end commercial grade. Available from weapon dealers quadrant wide. The other is that the wreckage is not all there. The majority of the core casing along with other key parts of the vessels systems seem to be missing.

The star based sensors show that after loitering around the station for awhile the vessel headed off towards Tholian space. You set off in pursuit, the warp trail has been dispersed mostly leaving only very mild residue which is quickly diserpating.

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Intriguing. I order Perth to continue following until either we find them or hit Tholian Space. Whichever comes first.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You trail in the direction of the Tholian boarder, you are able to follow the dispersing warp signal for about half the distance before you loose it. You make it to the boarder but scanners show no sign of any vessels in the area.

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I contact whoever it is I directly answer to, and inform them of what we've learned and that while there's still investigation to be done, I inform them of our evidence to the possibility that the raiders are operating out of Tholian Space.

I also want to know what cargo traffic is currently moving through our sector and for us to patrol an equidistant path from them all.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You contact Starfleet with your report, but with out definitive proof one way or the other you cannot further investigate.

You get a copy of all cargo vessels in the sectors flight paths and match a coarse that takes you a close as you can get to all of them.

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I keep patrolling.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You patrol the area with no further contact for over two weeks.

You do recive a communication from the starbase that a regular freighter has stopped by and has several tones of raw material to trade, a initial scan shows it to most likely of come from the destoyed freighter.