Great Moments in History

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Great Moments in History

Post by Teaos »

While running the Battle Royal and waiting for the Wolf 359 to start. I figured I'd run a 1 on 1 battle since they are so easy compared to the other two.

To make it more interesting I thought to re do some of the space battles we saw in trek (I believe we did this once or twice before with the battle from insurection and another I cant remember).

So if people want to post some ideas for 1 on 1s we have seen (that would make good fights), and anyone interested in playing. I'll give preference to people not in the Battle Royal for now.

Also this will be my bottom priority, behind the Royal and the Borg. So might not bet updates every day.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Great Moments in History

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

What about "The Balance of Terror"?

A lone Romulan warship under cloak testing the Federation's defences, comes up against their flagship Enterprise under Kirk?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

How about the Valiant VS the Dom Battleship. Or the Battle of the Mutara Nebula.

If noone/only one other person wants to join, I will quite happily.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

The gas giant battle from Starship Down? Defiant vs 2 Jem'Hadar Attack ships?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Odyssey?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

Oddysey as in the first ominion battle? If so, that could be fun. You could also have the battle of the Bassen Rift, with 2 computer controlled Mogai's.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Spocky wrote:Oddysey as in the first ominion battle? If so, that could be fun.
Indeed.

Both Odyssey and the Bassen Rift would be good ones.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Do you think the mechanics of a fleet battle like retaking DS9 could be made to work?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

It could. It would be no different than the Wolf 359 scenario in general. Change Borg Cube with DS9. But that would be a major undertaking just like a Battle Royal/Wolf 359 scenario.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:It could. It would be no different than the Wolf 359 scenario in general. Change Borg Cube with DS9. But that would be a major undertaking just like a Battle Royal/Wolf 359 scenario.
Good point. I was thinking of the battle in sacrifice of Angels, but the Klingon assault from The Way of the Warrior or the Dominion assault from Call to Arms could work too.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Could always do the Undiscovered Country battle, between a cloak BoP and the Enterprise (with or without the Excelsior).

Also Voyager vs Hirogen/Kazon Big thing/Alien of the Week.

Anyway, I'd be up for any position, because these things are great fun.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:Indeed.

Both Odyssey and the Bassen Rift would be good ones.
Me and stitch tried to redo the Bassen Rift a few years ago, but it was somewhat sabotaged when I was forced to decloak before we started, and then got the shit kicked out of me before I got the rolls to recloak.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Ya, the conclusion on that was that the Scimitar should definitely start Cloaked. I also think that the Scimitar stats we use are a little underpowered, I'm working on a standardized set up of over 40 ships, one of them being the Scimitar.

I think if we used the new Scimitar Stats and let the ship start cloaked it'll be a much better re-enactment.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

So Seafort and Stitch are the only two interested who arent fight atm.

So I'll leav it up to you two to pick a battle and ships, then just let me know and I'll set up the battle.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm open for anything and either ship. You will get no complaints from me.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.