Wolf 359

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Wolf 359

Post by Teaos »

So spured on by Staplics new game I have decided to do an idea I had before I left to ships.

Bases on the old standard battle sims we used to do I am going to try my hand at running a recreation of Wolf 359.

If interested say here, then I will split the ships that appeared in the battle at random between you, depending on the amount of people in it you may have up to 5 or 6 ships each, then you can work together or free style.

I will be the Borg cube wth powers similar to real one. Chances to hit and done on rolls and hardness of actions ect. You will discover the weaknesses and strength of the cube during battle much like the real Federation did.

If it works, we will then do first contact...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Wolf 359

Post by Captain Seafort »

Definitely interested, but how are you going to decide on the classes of the unknown ships? The only sixteen we've got out of forty (from any sources) are:

Ahwahnee (Cheyenne)
Bellerephon (Nebula)
Bonestell (Oberth)
Buran (Challenger)
Endeavour (Nebula)
Firebrand (Freedom)
Gage (Gage)
Kyushu (New Orleans)
Melbourne (Nebula)
Melbourne (Excelsior)
Princeton (Niagara)
Righteous (Excelsior)
Roosevelt (Excelsior)
Saratoga (Miranda)
Tolstoy (Rigel)
Yamaguchi (Ambassador)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Repeat those classes mostly with a few other period specific ships.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Is this in the style of our traditional DITL battles? If so I'd be game to take one of the fed ships.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yip old style turn based 6d sim.

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm up
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm in.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Sounds interesting, I'd be interested in joining.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

So the ships shall be:

Ahwahnee (Cheyenne)
Bellerephon (Nebula science pod)
Bonestell (Oberth)
Buran (Challenger)
Endeavour (Nebula science pod)
Firebrand (Freedom)
Gage (Gage)
Kyushu (New Orleans)
Melbourneia (Nebula Science pod)
Melbourne (Excelsior)
Princeton (Niagara)
Righteous (Excelsior)
Roosevelt (Excelsior)
Saratoga (Miranda)
Tolstoy (Rigel)
Yamaguchi (Ambassador)
Petra (Miranda)
Carnac (Ambassador)
Lemar (New Orleans)
Tindaran (Miranda)
Yakama (Rigel)
Ironax (Oberth)
Cleveton (Gage)
Odin (Nebula Science Pod)
Thor (Nebula Weapons pod)
Casablanca (Nebula Science pod)
Sir Lanka (Oberth)
Wrangel (Ambassador)
Kelmona (Miranda)
Frandor (Miranda)
Polac (Excelcior)
Verencia (Excelcior)
Planc (Oberth)
Veronica (Miranda)
Hope (New Orleans)
Desperation (Freedom)
Scott (Cheyenne)
Cidar (Challenger)
Mage (Nebula weapons pod)
Essen (New Orleans)

I'll spit those ships up between the combatants at random.

For the sake of making this more user friendly I will keep this as a two dimensional battle, which I think is more of a disadvantage to the cube instead of the Federation in this case, So you only have 4 side you have to attack and guard against and not 6.

There will be certain rules I hold the Borg to and certain things it can do, all based on what we see but you wont know exactly what until they happen to make this more realistic, if we do first contact in the future you will have a better idea.

Also if you manage to survive 12 rounds the Enterprise arrives with its BFG and command of it falls to the person with the least amount of ships still alive (if any of you are).

There will also be a fall back option. Either individually or as a whole you can retreat back to Earth for a second round of attacks, while you wait for the cube to get there you can preform emergency repairs and regain some shield strength. You can also do this to individual ships during combat, but doing so take at leadt two turns to leave and come back and then extra turns to regain strength, so it might not be worth it if the battle only looks like it will last so long...

You are free to request special moves like ramming or anything you can think of, I will devise a scale of hardness roles depending on what the move is, also certain actions may have a negative effect on the fleet as a hole.

Also the Mage has Admiral Hanson on it. If you lose this ship, command roles get a negative modifier on them to signal losing the flagship. The roll of the Flagship then moves to the next most powerful ship standing after 3 turns.

I have rules and modifiers worked out for many different senariors, but obviously you wont know them until they happen.

Any questions?

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I feel like 2d will limit us as well. We'll loose 2 faces to defend against/attack, but it also means that there's a higher likely hood that we'll all get in each others way. Would it be possible to track the ships in 3d with a polar coordinate system. the cube could represent a permanent origin since it's a common target for all the ships you'd be tracking. You already have to keep track of distance to the cube (r) and the angle away from the front of the ship (theta), we could just add an angle measure up from the cube's horizontal mid-plane (phi) and get 3d tracking.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Also, will those Miranda's be basics or refits?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Okay I will make it 3d. The way I am running it is slightly differnet to the way we used to but still in the same type.

The Mirandas are refits.

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Same question regarding the weapon pod nebula's, and excelsiors
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Excelsiors are basics and the Nebulas Pods are first generation science or weapons pods.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I would be in. Sounds fun.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.