SF mission planning - pilot thread

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SF mission planning - pilot thread

Post by Deepcrush »

Forgot to say, missions are by request only. If you want one then let me know and I'll write one up. You can either give me a general idea of the kind of mission you want or I can just make one up that fits the current story arc that's building.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

(Some folks seemed to be looking for a bloody slug-it-out kind of mission so here's your chance.)

Target Two - Mika Onecka - Located in Moscow, Russia, Ms Onecka is Mr Hofferson's primary suppier.

Ms Onecka (alias) is a large scale arms supplier operating on weapon demands of the former Soviet block. Thus far we've had no real reason to concern ourselves with her until now. Our efforts to implant our own arms dealer in the region have failed twice due to her local control and as such it has been deemed time for her removal by the Over Sight Committee. With this mission, OSC expects an earning of nearly half a billion dollars per year and as everyone knows... where there's money, there's people who want it or want to spend it. With people comes information and so on down the line.

The below map is 6km by 4km, arrows showing the entry route by ground with the large open white block being the area the warehouses are in.

The following is a daytime view by helicopter of the target area though at a 90* rotation.

We know that Ms Onecka has a large (100m USD valued) sale planned and it is the intention of OSC to seize this sale and terminate Ms Onecka's operation in a single strike.

Mission Objectives
Priority - Onecka is to die on site.
Priority - Arms on site to be seized.
Priority - Potential buyer to survive be allowed to escape.
Priority - Attack to look like competing Arms Dealer.

Non Priority - Attempt to minimize Agency losses.
Non Priority - Attempt to minimize collateral damage.
Non Priority - Avoid Russian Police involvement, complete mission within ten minutes of opening fire.

(Ask your questions if you have any.)
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

How many security people are there? What weapons do they use? Should it look like we let the buyer escape or that he managed to get past us? Do you want the onsite arms to be seized in one piece?
ImageImage
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

alexmann wrote:How many security people are there?
Unknown but expect double digits.
alexmann wrote:What weapons do they use?
AKs mostly, however 9mm SMGs are likely.
alexmann wrote:Should it look like we let the buyer escape or that he managed to get past us?
Up to you.
alexmann wrote:Do you want the onsite arms to be seized in one piece?
Taking them intact is generally a good idea if your OSC wants to sell them later on, so yes.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

4 teams of 5 in 4 vans. 1 lorry.
Teams 1-3 will pull up as close to targets as possible. Team 4 will stop halfway down the road. Lorry will park at end of road.
Team 1: Goes straight for Onecka, pushes forward. Their priority is to kill Onecka. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols.
Teams 2+3: Goes for the guns. They will attack the warehouses and any guards in their way. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols.
Team 4: Moves slowly up the road and will shoot Onecka if she manages to escape. Will clean up surviving guards. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols, apart from one man armed with a LMG and HK45 pistol.

All teams will have radios and will communicate the location of guards to team 4.

Once all the guards and Onecka are dead, the lorry will move up to the warhouse and all teams will load the weapons in. They will then get back into the vans and move out.
ImageImage
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Priority - Arms on site to be seized.
Estimated quantity/type/weight of munitions on site? Are we to just seize weapons or clear out any ammunition as well?
Priority - Potential buyer to survive be allowed to escape.
Do we know who this individual is and do we have photo ID? Also, he's not likely to be travelling alone - how many bodyguards does he usually travel with, are they likely to put up a fight or bug out, and does his mandated escape include his guards?
Priority - Attack to look like competing Arms Dealer.
Anyone in particular, or generic?
Non Priority - Avoid Russian Police involvement, complete mission within ten minutes of opening fire.
If the local plod do show up before we're done what are our ROE? Are we cleared to engage them?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

alexmann wrote:4 teams of 5 in 4 vans. 1 lorry.
Teams 1-3 will pull up as close to targets as possible. Team 4 will stop halfway down the road. Lorry will park at end of road.
The problem with the lorry is that its rather loud. Thus removing any real hope of surprise in your attack. Plus, a single Lorry doesn't have a hope of being able to move a 100m USD valued set of firearms. You would need four of five just to be safe.
alexmann wrote:Team 1: Goes straight for Onecka, pushes forward. Their priority is to kill Onecka. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols.
Teams 2+3: Goes for the guns. They will attack the warehouses and any guards in their way. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols.
Team 4: Moves slowly up the road and will shoot Onecka if she manages to escape. Will clean up surviving guards. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols, apart from one man armed with a LMG and HK45 pistol.
A single five man team vs double digit guards of yet unstated quality, you team with SMGs vs said guards with AKs, trying to divide your focus from the start of the mission. All of these things leave you spread out, out numbered and severely out gunned.

Now for the positive points, since you're new to this I'm not going to just rip you and not give you some praise. You did remember the value of communication and coordination. You had a nice back up plan for getting weapons out and I say back up because its likely that the Dealer still has a means of moving her own cargo.

Overall though, I'd have to call rate this a "no go". The use of a single entry point for an under equipped force is likely cause mission failure. In situations like this, its better to abort the mission then to try and fail since failing will only make Onecka's position all the stronger.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:Estimated quantity/type/weight of munitions on site? Are we to just seize weapons or clear out any ammunition as well?
Assault rifle , RPGs and munitions. We, at this time, have no information on what is in the cargo containers. However the containers are Sea Sealed and thus wont be a concern for you on the ground. Seize everything of value, this is meant to look like one of her competitors.
Captain Seafort wrote:Do we know who this individual is and do we have photo ID? Also, he's not likely to be travelling alone - how many bodyguards does he usually travel with, are they likely to put up a fight or bug out, and does his mandated escape include his guards?
The buyer's name is unimportant, though you should be able to tell who he is rather easily for rather little effort on site. As long as the Buyer survives with a few others to make sure it doesn't look like we let him get away, then the number of intended survivors is up to you.
Captain Seafort wrote:Anyone in particular, or generic?
German Nationalists, Russian Mob, ISB, Chechnyian Islamic Front... really its just your pick.
Captain Seafort wrote:If the local plod do show up before we're done what are our ROE? Are we cleared to engage them?
You're the bad guys, so you'd do what the bad guys do. Though you shouldn't expect trouble from them, they'll receive a generous payment just before you engage to stay away.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Deepcrush wrote:
alexmann wrote:4 teams of 5 in 4 vans. 1 lorry.
The problem with the lorry is that its rather loud. Thus removing any real hope of surprise in your attack. Plus, a single Lorry doesn't have a hope of being able to move a 100m USD valued set of firearms. You would need four of five just to be safe.
alexmann wrote:Team 1: Goes straight for Onecka, pushes forward. Their priority is to kill Onecka. Armed with MP5s and HK45 pistols.
A single five man team vs double digit guards of yet unstated quality, you team with SMGs vs said guards with AKs, trying to divide your focus from the start of the mission. All of these things leave you spread out, out numbered and severely out gunned.

Now for the positive points, since you're new to this I'm not going to just rip you and not give you some praise. You did remember the value of communication and coordination. You had a nice back up plan for getting weapons out and I say back up because its likely that the Dealer still has a means of moving her own cargo.

Overall though, I'd have to call rate this a "no go". The use of a single entry point for an under equipped force is likely cause mission failure. In situations like this, its better to abort the mission then to try and fail since failing will only make Onecka's position all the stronger.
I thought that the majority of guard would be with the guns.

Now I look at it, I realise that it was a bad plan. Can I have another go?
ImageImage
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

alexmann wrote:I thought that the majority of guard would be with the guns.
In a live combat situation, it doesn't really matter where anyone starts at. They won't be sitting still so you have to plan for that. Also, don't bunch yourself up so much, always remember that movement is as much a value to you in battle as any weapon.
alexmann wrote:Now I look at it, I realise that it was a bad plan. Can I have another go?
Absolutely, and take your time with it. I didn't pick a warehouse district on the outskirts of Moscow that has not only its own area map but live reference view just for you to ignore it. Go ahead and look over the area to figure out what use the terrain can be to you as well.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Did I make this one too hard? I'd thought Seafort would have been all over this.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Ive been busy but wilk get a new plan up soon.
ImageImage
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Did I make this one too hard? I'd thought Seafort would have been all over this.
I've been a bit busy the last few days, but I should be able to get an answer up today. As an additional question, from which direction is the aerial view taken? I'm assuming it's from the west, assuming the map is orientated to the cardinal points.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Right, first attempt. In principle I think alex's plan was pretty good - it just needs to be beefed up a bit.

Main force: Objective is to eliminate opposition and secure the site and goods. Get Onecka if possible. Four eight-man teams armed with AK47s and RPKs. They're to advance from the west, taking advantage of the wooded area to conceal their advance, then move a group round to the north to launch a two-pronged attack.

Covering force: Orders are to prevent Onecka's escape. Four four-man teams with RPKs covering the cardinal points to prevent a cross country-escape, a fifth six-man team with RPKs and RPGs covering the road. It's imperative that these forces can identify Onecka's vehicle, so the road-blocking force will need to have an advance party in position well ahead of the raid to identify the buyer's vehicle when he arrives. The rest will advance with the main force and move into position before their attack

Main exfil force: To remove the goods from site. A dozen strong, approaching with the main force but remaining beyond the treeline until called for. They will transport the goods offsite in any vehicles Onecka has available.

Backup exfil force: Six articulated lorries prepositioned at six separate locations within ten minutes drive of the site, to be called in once the place is secured, in case Onecka has no, or insufficient, transport available.

Strike force exfil force: Six vehicles to recover the main and covering forces, to be called in with the backup exil force.

Contingency backup: In case the local plod decide to be heroes. Eight man force on the main highway armed with RPKs and RPGs to take out any police vehicles that look like they're trying to intervene.

On a completely different note, having read through the original mission again, does anyone else think it bears a rather close resemblance a certain RL op last May? :lol:
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Seems like a good plan.
ImageImage