DITL Battle #2 Comments

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: DITL Battle #2 Comments

Post by Lt. Staplic »

:lol:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, I'm in Central.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I thin Rochey is 5/6 hours ahead of us, in which case he should be putting up the stats in the next two hours.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Keyword: should. :P

J/K. I'm calcing up the two ships now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, intro post up. I'll have the stats for the two ships up in a few more minutes.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

So, what do the *'s reference?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And it's now up. And a few explainations on some of the numbers.

{1} "4 Rapid fire pulse phaser cannons, must all fire at same target, total damage of 80,000*{1} TJ combined"
There was no strength given for the pulse phasers, so I just picked an appropriately powerful number off the top of my head.

{2} "Due to the ship's small size, and the fact that many systems are crammed close together in tight confines, the ship suffers a -1 penalty to repair rolls, and the enemy ship gains a +1 modifier when rolling for Critical Hits.*{2}"
Thought this up while I was writing up the stats. Due to the ship's small size, it'd be far more likely to take serious damage from any shots that hit the ship, and repairing things in those cramped spaces must be a bitch.

{3}"Each section can take 780,000*{3} TJ before being destroyed"
There was no mass listed for the Norexian, so I just used the mass of the D'Tai, which had similar dimensions.

{4}"Speed: 80,000 KMPT*{4}"
The actual speed I got when I calced Graham's numbers was closer to 200,000 KMPT. Obviously, that's a tad over the top, and would mean it could run rings around the much smaller and more maneouverable Defiant. So I changed the number to something believeable, yet still fairly fast.

Anyway, bring on the pain!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Works for me. :)

You've got my conn orders already.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Conn orders recieved. Just wating on Captain Lieutenant Staplic.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:...Captain Lieutenant Staplic.
I have a friend in RL whose last name is "Commander". When he was in the USAF, he was Corporal Commander. :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Did he used to know an author named "Heller?" I keep thinking of Catch-22 and "Major Major Major Major."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:Did he used to know an author named "Heller?" I keep thinking of Catch-22 and "Major Major Major Major."
That was the first thing to enter my mind as well. Another book I have yet to read...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'll send my orders tomorrow. It's late here and I need to read through some stuff first. :)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I'll send my orders tomorrow. It's late here and I need to read through some stuff first. :)
In this case, reading is futile. :wink:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

probably but if we want to put on a show...