Truth....or Dare?

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Truth....or Dare?

Post by Meste17 »

Is it at the very least possible (or even PROBABLE) that the new Re-Imagined Battlestar Galactica actually DOES take place in real life? (The finale, Daybreak, DID show the poor old girl orbiting what COULD HAVE been OUR Earth, at ALMOST the right time that humans DID start showing up on the real life planet Earth.)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Truth....or Dare?

Post by Teaos »

Whats the question?

Is it plausible that humans evolved on different planets independently and could breed? Hell no, not with out divine intervention (Which they hinted at)

If you mean in real life. No, its a TV show.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I have no idea what you are talking about.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

-_- I mean could the Galactica have actually existed in real life?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

No. Its a TV show. End of story.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Possible and probable are two different things. Could it have existed in real life? Sure. Did it exist in real life? Almost certainly not.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Meste might mean "Could something like this scenario have happened in real life?" In which case, again, it's possible, but very improbable, based on our current understanding of prehistory, evolution and genetics.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah, no. Genetics and evolution show where we came from. An input of forign DNA would stick right out.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

One of the best endings I saw would have had Galactica and fleet heading towards Earth, with the fleet in bad shape. You start to zoom in, past Jupiter, past Ceres, past Mars, and towards the Moon. But on the Moon you see the bottom frame of the Lunar Lander, and the theme music starts up. Going towards Earth the theme music keeps on getting louder, and finally, it zooms in on the International Space Station, with two people staring out of one of the windows, faces in shock.

The ship's insignia then slams down covering everything, for the last bars of the theme.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sounds better though the whole 4th season would have be redone.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Why? This Earth was unknown, they could do anything with it.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Coalition wrote:the theme music starts up
The proper theme music I assume?
McAvoy wrote:Sounds better though the whole 4th season would have be redone.
Not really - you'd just have to rework Daybreak, and it would remove the crap bit.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I didn't mind the 4th season so much, 1 was great, 2 was meh, 3 was crap and the 4th was as good as it could be coming back from 2 and 3. Much like Enterprise really... Just the end, possibly even worse than the Ent final.

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:I didn't mind the 4th season so much, 1 was great, 2 was meh, 3 was crap and the 4th was as good as it could be coming back from 2 and 3. Much like Enterprise really... Just the end, possibly even worse than the Ent final.
Actually, I thought Daybreak was pretty damn good. Galactica could have done A LOT more shooting though. -_- -_-