Possible survivors?

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Possible survivors?

Post by Meste17 »

You know, I keep thinking of both versions of Battlestar Galactica and I keep thinking, could there actually be survivng Battlestars? Hell, the Battlestar Pegasus DID survive, which leads me to believe that there could be others. Hell, to quote Tasha Yar from Star Trek The Next Generation, "even in war, hunger, even the most virulent plague there are ALWAYS survivors." So with that in mind......
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Possible survivors?

Post by McAvoy »

Possibly but they could have easily been hunted down by the Cylons and not lasted as long as the Galactica.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

They would probably have fought back and been killed. More likely there are civilian ships out there.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:Possibly but they could have easily been hunted down by the Cylons and not lasted as long as the Galactica.
Such as the Pegasus?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Pegasus survived so yes I suppose they are survivors.

I imagine however these survivors would last at most a week or two before being systematically destroyed either by being hunted down or by themselves doing what Adams wanted to do and what Cain was did.

I suppose you could say that is one of the reasons why Galactica survived initially as she was the least capable ship still loose.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"