Side by side?

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Side by side?

Post by Meste17 »

Well, we have seen on the 2003 miniseries that the Cylon basestar that was seen in the 1978 series also existed in the miniseries as well. With that in mind, is it also possible, maybe even likely that the TOS Colonial Battlestar also existed in the 2003 continuity as well?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Side by side?

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Technically the Galactica was the TOS version of the Colonial Battlestar. Galactica was among the first battlestars built, so she would be the equivelant. Remember, the 1978 basestar is shown as part of the original Cylon War, which Galactica was built to fight. So, if you mean a direct copy -- one with Lazers and Shit -- then no, the OBSG Colonial Battlestar doesn't exist. Design-wise, the Galacatica is based off it, and I've seen different places that the Pegasus model resembles the original even more.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Technically the Galactica was the TOS version of the Colonial Battlestar. Galactica was among the first battlestars built, so she would be the equivelant. Remember, the 1978 basestar is shown as part of the original Cylon War, which Galactica was built to fight. So, if you mean a direct copy -- one with Lazers and Shit -- then no, the OBSG Colonial Battlestar doesn't exist. Design-wise, the Galacatica is based off it, and I've seen different places that the Pegasus model resembles the original even more.
*nods head agreeing* Good point. I just thought that seeing as how they had the original TOS basestar version. Remember, it DOES look remarkably similar to the old basestar. So....
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

If you search an identical colonial ship, looks at the Vipers in the museum inside Galactica ;)
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There could have been TOS battlestars built long ago just without the lasers or what not. Or they could have been built but as a complement to the nuBSG but they were all destroyed.

I suppose you could write alittle fanfic about these little known vessels during the First Ceylon war.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"