Colonial Battlestar Weaponry (1978)

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Colonial Battlestar Weaponry (1978)

Post by Meste17 »

Okay, so I found on this website: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Galactica_(TOS)
that a Battlestar like or such as Galactica has only 32 known fusion turbolasers and missile silo tubes.

However, I found on this site: http://www.yappingpuppy.com/file/BSR%20 ... Manual.pdf
that the same class of ship in the RDM continuity has the same number of ANTI SHIP auto cannons ONLY, PLUS 200 point defense cannons.

So, which one are you inclined to believe? I don't care if the latter source is canon or not, cuz whether the case, I'm SO far more inclined to believe that that single battlestar class has THAT much more weaponry, ESPECIALLY since I found a picture on the former site concerning the launch bays of the SAME battlestar, WITH emplacements CLEARLY shown on the space just above and below the Viper launch tubes, as shown here: http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/ ... bay_01.jpg

1. It is much more believable and

2. I REFUSE to believe that a battlestar of that size, old OR new, was THAT lightly armed, especially compared to her Cylon basestar counterparts, seeing as how Colonel Tigh OF the Battlestar Galactica said that a Basestar has at least 100 anti defense turrets to protect against Vipers. -_- Someone tell me I'm wrong here.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Colonial Battlestar Weaponry (1978)

Post by Captain Seafort »

You're comparing apples and oranges. They're different ships, produced by different civilisations, with different technical bases.

A loose analogy. This says that the USS Enterprise's (the aircraft carrier) final armament was 94 guns, but this says the Enterprise's final armament was four guns and two missile launchers. Which one is right? Both of them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Captain Seafort wrote:You're comparing apples and oranges. They're different ships, produced by different civilisations, with different technical bases.

A loose analogy. This says that the USS Enterprise's (the aircraft carrier) final armament was 94 guns, but this says the Enterprise's final armament was four guns and two missile launchers. Which one is right? Both of them.
That's cuz they're 2 DIFFERENT ships of the SAME universe (our universe). The Galacticas in question are 2 SAME ships of DIFFERENT universes.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Meste17 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:You're comparing apples and oranges. They're different ships, produced by different civilisations, with different technical bases.

That's cuz they're 2 DIFFERENT ships of the SAME universe (our universe). The Galacticas in question are 2 SAME ships of DIFFERENT universes.
That's Seaforts point -- you're comparing Apples to Grapes. The neoBSG and the oldBSG are ships in different universes, there is no comparison between them. Which ship stat is correct? Both of them because at no point do they actually conflict with each other.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Meste17 wrote:

That's Seaforts point -- you're comparing Apples to Grapes. The neoBSG and the oldBSG are ships in different universes, there is no comparison between them. Which ship stat is correct? Both of them because at no point do they actually conflict with each other.
I see your point.