New Guy on the block

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Guy on the block

Post by Meste17 »

Okay, so I have a Mercury-class colonial battlestar model that is a 3 inch die cast titanium model (which I will assume for the sake of canon will also include my 200 Viper mark 2's and 50 Raptors, cuz that is how much the Battlestar Pegasus had). Problem is what to call my battlestar. I want to call her Enterprise, but I don't want to violate copyright laws.... -_- Any ideas?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Guy on the block

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Call it whatever you like, Enterprise included. The name isn't copyrighted.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Call it whatever you like, Enterprise included. The name isn't copyrighted.
But that's just the thing. This goes back on my discussion point about Galactica being their version of the Enterprise. The only thing that the Galactica would need to do is be called Enterprise, cuz short of that, it actually is borderline quite rather redundant.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

You can call it whatever you want. Copyrights don't apply to you unless you plan on opening a business on BSG diecast models named Enterprise.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

No one would bother with a law suit for someone naming a model.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Galactica was the Bucket, Pegasus was the Beast. If this ship is a model of the Pegasus class, and Galactica was their equivalent of the Enterprise class, then naming it Enterprise is wrong.

Try something a little more aggressive, maybe one of the following (from the Culture ship names):
Gunboat Diplomat
Xenophobe (or Xenophile, depending on the Captain's mood)
You'll thank me later
Grey Area
Attitude Adjuster
Frank Exchange (of Views, then of weapons)
Lapsed Pacifist
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Coalition wrote:Galactica was the Bucket, Pegasus was the Beast. If this ship is a model of the Pegasus class, and Galactica was their equivalent of the Enterprise class, then naming it Enterprise is wrong.

Try something a little more aggressive, maybe one of the following (from the Culture ship names):
Gunboat Diplomat
Xenophobe (or Xenophile, depending on the Captain's mood)
You'll thank me later
Grey Area
Attitude Adjuster
Frank Exchange (of Views, then of weapons)
Lapsed Pacifist
Okay.