Razor discusion thread

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Razor discusion thread

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well guys, after months of waiting, we finaly get the first new instalment of Battlstar Galactica tonight. So I thought I'd make this discusion thread so we can chat about it when it airs.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

It's one here @ 9:00 pm EST. I might sleep on it to put some thoughts together, but I'll be back.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK, I won't sleep on it. Not bad, but not earth-shaking. I still don't like Michelle Forbes, and the character development was a little textbook, but damned if I didn't get giddy seeing those old-school Cylon Raiders and Centurions.

Plus, I almost laughed out loud watching that poor actor playing the mannerisms of a young Adama.

Bear in mind that I'm older than most of you - the original BSG was airing during my youth; I owned and played with Cylon Raiders with pop-out "missiles" and remembered Dirk Benedict as Starbuck rather than Face.
as Bull offed Custer
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

I didn't really like it. it was too much Apollo's first command and not enough how the Battlestar Pegasus survived for 10 months right up untill meeting Galactica and the Colonial Fleet. Oh well, I've got Star Trek: Legacy and can easily make many battles involoving the Pegasus and the Cylons.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't think it was ever intended as the Pegasus' story for those ten months. That wouldn't have tied in as colsely to the series of which Razor was a part, and besides - I couldn't have stomached Michelle Forbes for that long.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Saw it last night. I thought it was pretty cool. The bit about the first Hybrid was interesting, and we finally get to hear centurians talk!
Now I can't wait till the next season starts...
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just saw it, loved it.

Ahhhhh-thankyouverymuch!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wow, you HAVE been out of commission, huh?

You got all nostalgic just like I did, didn't you? :D
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yes, it is me, returned from the dead, of college that is.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:OK, I won't sleep on it. Not bad, but not earth-shaking. I still don't like Michelle Forbes, and the character development was a little textbook, but damned if I didn't get giddy seeing those old-school Cylon Raiders and Centurions.

Plus, I almost laughed out loud watching that poor actor playing the mannerisms of a young Adama.

Bear in mind that I'm older than most of you - the original BSG was airing during my youth; I owned and played with Cylon Raiders with pop-out "missiles" and remembered Dirk Benedict as Starbuck rather than Face.
I aslo watched TOS BSG as a youth. And I thought that season one of Neo-BSG was awesome, that changed come season two and I flushed it the middle of season three. That said, there's little to like about Cain. She's a nutjob and doesn't give two shits about the lives of her men.

I want to see the old raiders and such but I'll look it up on youtube, I'm not giving them any more money (although I haven't spent any on them).