nBSG Series Bible

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

nBSG Series Bible

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Big PDF ahoy.

A very good read, with some interesting ideas and info that never made it into the series itself. I particularly found the constant "This isn't Star Trek" feel amusing, what with the "The Cylons are not the Borg" and Moore banning any "Galactica encounters a space anomaly" plots. :)

I think it's a pity that the show never really went with the idea presented in the Bible of going to the Cylon homeworld and going into detail on their culture and society. Though they did sort of do that with the bits where Baltar was on the Basestar, and what we saw of Caprica 6 on Caprica.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: nBSG Series Bible

Post by Mark »

One thing I was always curious about. In oBSG there were other, independant alien races around. In nBSG, there weren't.....at least that we ever saw. I kind of feel cheated there, to be honest.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:In nBSG, there weren't.....at least that we ever saw. I kind of feel cheated there, to be honest.
I think that was another concious decision - no bumpy-forehead aliens.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That was a pretty interesting read.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

I have allways liked the juxtaposition of such hyper advanced things as space folding tech with relatively primitive weaponry and support technologies. Also the focusing on character driven stories, kind of like TOS Star Trek.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Love the character description for Number 6. Everyone else gets pages and pages. She gets "Number Six : The Woman as Machine." :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...