Season 4

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 4

Post by Mark »

You know. I heard a rumor once that in oBSG, the original plan was to eventually cross with Buck Rogers. I don't know if that is true or not, as it was someone saying they were a friend of someone who worked for one of the screen writers, but I thought that would have been pretty cool. Finding an Earth embroiled in it's own war with its own problems.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mark wrote:You know. I heard a rumor once that in oBSG, the original plan was to eventually cross with Buck Rogers. I don't know if that is true or not, as it was someone saying they were a friend of someone who worked for one of the screen writers, but I thought that would have been pretty cool. Finding an Earth embroiled in it's own war with its own problems.

*Screws hands over ears* NO MORE PLOT BUNNIES!!!!!!!!! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :worried: :happydevil:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:You know. I heard a rumor once that in oBSG, the original plan was to eventually cross with Buck Rogers. I don't know if that is true or not, as it was someone saying they were a friend of someone who worked for one of the screen writers, but I thought that would have been pretty cool. Finding an Earth embroiled in it's own war with its own problems.
I heard the same thing, probably based on the fact that Larson created both of them, although I'm not sure how accurate it is (or if BR would even have been made if BSG had carried on).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class

Post by Moonshadow »

(Begin Sarcasm) Hey - I have an idea!! Let's have a THREE WAY crossover - Galactica finds earth, meets up with FLAG and helps develop the Knight Rider project, and eventually, 5 centuries later, the colonials have given Humanity their technology for spaceflight, artificial gravity. laser weapons, and shiny talking murdering robots that look like walking discos and have a penchant for being smartasses. When a man from the 21st century is recovered in space after being adrift for centuries, a new civil war breaks out between the colonials and the humans, led by Rogers - bitter over the failure of his mission.(End Sarcasm)
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Aww come on....surely there is a fan-fic out there at least. Who wouldn't want to see Wilma going head to head with Athena! Giggedy giggedy!! :tongue:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

God dammit! *Gets to writing*

Although it'd be classic BSG, not the new one!
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

Vic wrote:Aww come on....surely there is a fan-fic out there at least. Who wouldn't want to see Wilma going head to head with Athena! Giggedy giggedy!! :tongue:
Head to head in which way and which Athena? Maren Jensen (Classic) or Grace Park (RDM)?
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Moonshadow wrote:
Vic wrote:Aww come on....surely there is a fan-fic out there at least. Who wouldn't want to see Wilma going head to head with Athena! Giggedy giggedy!! :tongue:
Head to head in which way and which Athena? Maren Jensen (Classic) or Grace Park (RDM)?
I believe you have a good imagination, and Maren Jensen, there is no nBR to go with the nBSG bein' my reasonin' an' all.
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

Vic wrote:
Moonshadow wrote:
I believe you have a good imagination, and Maren Jensen, there is no nBR to go with the nBSG bein' my reasonin' an' all.
I like to think I have an active imagination...or in the spirit of our favorite Klingon - "VERY. Active...Sir." ;-)
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

:lol: :cheers:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Goodness....what have I started. :wink:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Please oh great Instigator contribute, contribute! :P :jester:
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

I watched the whole serie recently. This was probably the best Sci-Fi serie I've seen in my life. "Status Quo is God" my ass, things happened in this show, and they happened hard.

Yhea, there was bad things here and there. Appolo/Duella relationship, for example. But then again, it gave me some of the saddest moments of the serie ("I'll marry you, until our death or until you leave me"). Also, quite sad that the first season' plots are kinda wreaked by what we learn afterward, actually underlining the fact that the writers had no frakking idea what the hell the Cylons were up to, and they just came up as they went.

But it still was a huge, great, massive, deep story, and I loved every characters on it, even those I didn't like. I disliked Cally as Tyrol's gf/wife.. I was so heartbroken to know that Tyrol and Boomer would never be together.

Gaius Baltar.. ... wow. Wah. Awesome. Seriously, he's kind of a mix of Bashir, Wesley and Jesus. I was glad at every episode he was in, and his relationship with the Angels were just.. profound and hilarious. Never have I cried of sadness when he uttered his final line: "I know how to farm.... I know how to farm!". Why? Why did I cry? Why was that line, that scene, so powerful? It was.. it was a frakking wrap-up, but it inspired (and still inspires me, as I think about it my eyes get misty) more emotion than Laura's or Kara's ending scenes, which were quite heartbroking in their own.

I don't care about the big "return to the Earth" stuff. These people had been stucked in ships or under Baltar/Cylon oppresion for 4 years, maybe more. I kinda understand them wanting to never get stuck into huge society's trapping again, and accept to disseminate across the globe to live their life in peace.

And what would prevent them to bring technology with them? The story of miraculous Heroes coming from the stars, with incredible power and some of them having terrible strenght and speed, would probably spread among the descendant. Whatever technology they would have brought with them would have been lost to time, since it would have been impossible to recreate them. And... there. The story would have become a myth, inspiring the religious stories of long-lived beings that came from the Sky.

Maybe some of the men decided to go live in an isolated continent in the Atlantic, and that continent sadly was destroyed. Who knows? it's speculation. We don't know the details beyond Appolo's suggestion, maybe choices were offered to the Colonials. We can believe what we want, 150,000 years is a very long time, more than ennough to destroy traces of their existence.

I really loved them giving the Basestar to the Combat Cylons, since they were now... "Awaken". I think, if there was a moment to break the cycle once and for all, that was it. Leave them in peace. Let them go, and do what they want to do, and wish them luck and success. It was a powerful message of peace that wouldn't have been out of place in a Star Trek story.