Season 4

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 4

Post by Mark »

We've now entered season four. We have four previously unknown cylons that have now been revealed. Apollo goes into politics and Starbucks is somehow resurected. We lose another "sort of" principle character after one of the "hidden" cylons flushes them down the launch tube. Starting off pretty damned unimpressivley.

I like the nod to Trek though. The meeting in weapons locker 1701D was a nice touch 8)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Season 4

Post by Sonic Glitch »

It gets better (or worse depending on who you ask)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It gets better, then it gets just plain awesome, then it gets awful all over again for the last hour of the show.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What I'm not understanding is why they took a bitchen Sci-Fi show, and turned it into a metaphysical circle jerk! Starbuck returned to life....Baltar becoming some holy mininster with the power to lay on hands (and was the beard supposed to make him look like Jesus?). The Pres becoming seemingly unstable after her cancer returns (why can't they just give her another shot of Hera's blood by the way?).

I just don't know. The coolest part so far is this growing Cylon civil war.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:What I'm not understanding is why they took a bitchen Sci-Fi show, and turned it into a metaphysical circle jerk!
Why do you use the term "turned it into"? Go and rewatch "33" - the quasi-religious stuff was there right from the start.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, the religious aspect has always been a part of nBSG. I think it's just that most people tend to notice it more in the last series, what with Starbuck being ressurected, Baltar becoming a cult leader, etc.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I don't know what Rochey is talking about, the last hour of nBSG rocked so very hard. When Galactica made that final jump and the show faded to black I cried manly tears. Pity they only made the series finale an hour long.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:I don't know what Rochey is talking about, the last hour of nBSG rocked so very hard. When Galactica made that final jump and the show faded to black I cried manly tears. Pity they only made the series finale an hour long.
:lol-flag:
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

I see that Daybreak Part 2 has become the Battlestar Galactica: 1980 of the new show. :lol:
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Daybreak was an hour long and you need to shut your lying mouth.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tyyr wrote:Daybreak was an hour long
It will be once I finish with this hammer.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sionnach Glic wrote::lol:

I see that Daybreak Part 2 has become the Battlestar Galactica: 1980 of the new show. :lol:
Part 3 actually, or at least the second half of part two. What is it with "Galactica finds Earth" - it always seems to turn decent programmes into utter shit. :?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote::lol:

Part 3 actually, or at least the second half of part two. What is it with "Galactica finds Earth" - it always seems to turn decent programmes into utter s**t. :?
So, cut it after the camera pulls back and they reveal the moon and "our" Earth?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Exactly.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Exactly.
On the one hand, that's a fine ending but on the other I also enjoy Adama's goodbye to Roslin on the mountaintop