Season 4

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 4

Post by Captain Seafort »

There are a few good bits in that last hour, not just Adama and Roslin, but the last shot of the fleet. The problem is that they're good bits.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Not worth the agony of allowing the other alleged hour to exist.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Personally I liked the whole thing <shrug>
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Spoilerised for Mark's benefit:
I don't have a problem with Kara disappearing without a proper explanation, although I can easily see why others would, but the Luddite nonsense got up my nose. They'd just come out of a genocidal war with their own creations, found out that this sort of thing had a habit of repeating itself, and instead of recording the issue in great detail to prevent future generations from repeating the same mistakes they went out of their way to prevent such records being produced. They also threw all the technology that could have helped them establish their new colony into the sun, exposing them to a far greater degree than necessary to local predators, weather conditions and natural disasters. Idiots.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Kara disappearing seemed obvious to me - that wasn't Kara. They made it perfectly plain that Kara was dead, they even found her body. So the Kara we saw was one of the "angels", like the Six and Baltar we see wandering around.

As for the Luddite stuff, I don't mind it at all. The fleet was finished anyway; at best they could land them and scrap them for raw materials. And after all they'd been through, I can well imagine the people on the fleet just wanting to give up on it all and try another way of living. It seemed rather fitting to me.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

GrahamKennedy wrote:
As for the Luddite stuff, I don't mind it at all. The fleet was finished anyway; at best they could land them and scrap them for raw materials. And after all they'd been through, I can well imagine the people on the fleet just wanting to give up on it all and try another way of living. It seemed rather fitting to me.
The idea of setting up shop on a new planet is fine - it's the fact that they deliberately destroyed all their technology rather than use it to help establish the new colony, and the fact that they made no effort to record their experiences of creating and fighting the Cylons. Lee's apparent belief that simply setting up an agrarian society would "break the cycle" is one of the most idiotic pieces of drivel I've heard from any programme.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well I didn't have a problem with it. Made sense to me, in fact. And indeed, it essentially worked to a great extent; the previous cycle only took a couple of thousand years to repeat, but their approach bought them something like 150,000 years until we ruined it. :D
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You people KNOW I can't resist a spoiler block. If nBSG happened in the same universe as Terminator......then everything old IS new again :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Well I didn't have a problem with it. Made sense to me, in fact. And indeed, it essentially worked to a great extent; the previous cycle only took a couple of thousand years to repeat, but their approach bought them something like 150,000 years until we ruined it. :D
Good, it's not just me :)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Kara disappearing seemed obvious to me - that wasn't Kara. They made it perfectly plain that Kara was dead, they even found her body. So the Kara we saw was one of the "angels", like the Six and Baltar we see wandering around
Except she flipped out about it, finding the real Kara's body that is. That's the part that seems odd for one of the "angels."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

How would you feel if you stopped off and found "your own body"?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:
Kara disappearing seemed obvious to me - that wasn't Kara. They made it perfectly plain that Kara was dead, they even found her body. So the Kara we saw was one of the "angels", like the Six and Baltar we see wandering around
Except she flipped out about it, finding the real Kara's body that is. That's the part that seems odd for one of the "angels."
Well, she seemed rather convinced she was alive. You can tell by the "If that's me lying there then what am I?" She thought she was alive, found out she wasn't, and didn't figure out what she was until the end. Like Deep said -- how would you feel if you found your own body?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Wow...so they found Earth
And it's all fucked up!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, a real "well.....shit" moment, that.

The series gets a lot better from here on.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Thank god....because I honestly almost stopped watching a few episodes ago. But I admit confusion about something. If
Col. Tigh
is one of the final five cylons, and he's boffing
Caprica Six
how the hell did she get pregnant? It was stated that two skinjobs couldn't reproduce in season 1.