Federation Battlestar

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Federation Battlestar

Post by Teaos »

Brush out the windows and it could be almost any size, there is nothing to scale it on apart from those.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:The thing looks small going by the windows.

Actually, according to this pic that I saw, and the intro sequence for the game this was from, Star Trek Invasion:

The ship looks half the size of the Sovereign-class USS Enterprise-E. I'd say about 320 meters in length.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Actually I recognized it from the video game.

Anyway i think there should be 'more' to it because the design is kinda bland.

It is actually appealing to me for me to actually sketch one out based on that design. No Meste, it will be awhile before anyone sees it as I cannot scan it in on a non existent computer. And no iI will not describe it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

True, but as a Dreadnought, isnt that a good thing? It essentially means its just covered in a shell of armor, protecting its key areas. If it looked mroe interesting, it would just mean you have more targets.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well yeah but the thing looks like a brick.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A shinny brick.

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:Actually I recognized it from the video game.

It is actually appealing to me for me to actually sketch one out based on that design. No Meste, it will be awhile before anyone sees it as I cannot scan it in on a non existent computer. And no iI will not describe it.
McAvoy, I wasn't gonna say anything! XP haha. Still, I can wait don't worry.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

I just did some comparisons and this thing appears to be only slightly larger than a Kazon Predator class General purpose starship/warship! O_O
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well it does seem to latch onto a Soverigns Engineering core, so it is quite clearly smaller than that. But I see no reason why it cant be scaled up if you remove the windows and play with the dimensions a bit.

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:Well it does seem to latch onto a Soverigns Engineering core, so it is quite clearly smaller than that. But I see no reason why it cant be scaled up if you remove the windows and play with the dimensions a bit.
Right? Ima try to see if I cant do a little stretch of the ship on my paint document. Try to also make it taller. Something like that.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

After looking at it, I realized the fortress mode, which brings the already brick shaped ship into even more of a brick shaped ship may not entirely work. Bringing in the nacelles into the ship might work, but having the sides and front slide in may not work. It seems to be redundant.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

That's quite alright. I can be patient to see the final project.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:Well it does seem to latch onto a Soverigns Engineering core, so it is quite clearly smaller than that. But I see no reason why it cant be scaled up if you remove the windows and play with the dimensions a bit.
Exactly! Because in order to have it of a sufficient purpose shape size and design, it would have to be significantly larger than it already appears to be.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Meste17 wrote:

That's quite alright. I can be patient to see the final project.
Sorry. Never bothered to do one.