Season 3 (nBSG)

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 3 (nBSG)

Post by Mark »

IIRC...one soldier flinched and accidentally discharged his weapon. At that point everybody else started shooting.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Season three is now finished....and all I've got to say with WHAT THE FRAK?! Starbuck "dies" in a firey explosion in a gas giant. Now, we have three lead characters and one supporting who suddenly think (or are) Cylons. Goddamned metaphyisical crap :bangwall: ....is Starbuck supposed to be the "savior" or the final of the final five cylons?

And how the HELL did people from another galaxy start singing Jimmy Hendrix?
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Mark wrote:And how the HELL did people from another galaxy start singing Jimmy Hendrix?
BBC iPlayer?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:And how the HELL did people from another galaxy start singing Jimmy Hendrix?
He was just that good.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, man, I have a feeling from his reaction here that Mark isn't going to be too fond of Daybreak Part 2. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The PROBLEM with that song appearing in BSG, is that the line "There must be some kind of way out of here, said the Joker to the thief."

Um, neither the Joker or Batman existed in that part of the universe.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Or did they?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Oh, man, I have a feeling from his reaction here that Mark isn't going to be too fond of Daybreak Part 2. :wink:
So am I the only one who looked at some of the "metaphysical" elements and thought to myself: "Well... this is kind of interesting/cool?"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The only explination I'm accepting for Starbucks ressurection are the light ships from oBSG. It better have been the Lords of Kobal. :picard:

Or some quantum dialation effect :wink:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:The only explination I'm accepting for Starbucks ressurection are the light ships from oBSG. It better have been the Lords of Kobal. :picard:

Or some quantum dialation effect :wink:
Would confirming or denying that be a spoiler?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Sonic Glitch wrote: So am I the only one who looked at some of the "metaphysical" elements and thought to myself: "Well... this is kind of interesting/cool?"
In S1, yeah it was cool. But it got too be way to much later on.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:Oh, man, I have a feeling from his reaction here that Mark isn't going to be too fond of Daybreak Part 2. :wink:
So am I the only one who looked at some of the "metaphysical" elements and thought to myself: "Well... this is kind of interesting/cool?"
I kind of liked it. I've no problems with that sort of thing in sci-fi, particularly when all the elements have been in place from litteraly the very first episode.

My main problem with Daybreak Part 2 was (Don't read it, Mark!)
The whole "let's all abandon technology because it's evil!" thing. Yeah, it's possible to rationalise such an action, but it still just comes off pretty poorly.
Would confirming or denying that be a spoiler?
I think so, though Mark can always ask to be spoiled on it.

Be warned though Mark, it's a frakking big spoiler.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Do I WANT to know?

And just for the record......everytime you guys tell me not to look at something..............................................I'm actually listening. How odd is that? :lol:
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I liked the religious stuff in season 1, but that was because they treated religion like they should - the Cylons have theirs, the Humans have theirs, both can motivate people towards good or evil, but there's no way to know which, if any, is true. It's an excellent way to talk about religion as it actually is, here on Earth.
However, it becomes more and more clear that in this universe, God is TRUE. The "Imaginary Six" and "Imaginary Baltar" are in fact real, actual Angels sent by God to interfere in events. And indeed, Starbuck never returns from the dead - Starbuck is dead, gone, forever, and the person who returns to Galactica is another Angel.

My problem with this is it utterly removes the show from any link with present Human experience. It also makes much of what happens on the show kind of pointless, because the answer to any question along the lines of "but why did this happen?" can just become "God guided events in that direction." For example, the final battle with Galactica and the colony? Not exciting at ALL. Galactica couldn't possibly fail to win that battle, because they quite literally had God on their side. Bringing God into the equation for real renders it all rather sterile and pointless, and was the single worst mistake made during the entire production of that show.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Mark wrote:Season three is now finished....and all I've got to say with WHAT THE FRAK?! Starbuck "dies" in a firey explosion in a gas giant.
Are you serious? Starbuck "dieing" was my favourite part of the entire season because after that you finally got a break from her bitching around. Really, my favourite "Starbuck" moment, with Adama telling her to leave the room while she still can a close second.

I mean seriously, what where they thinking with that character? I could live with the female asshole during the first two seasons but later one she is downright mad and everyone acts as if it were ok. It is a true wonder how she survived this long not beeing "accidentely" shot by her own people imho.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.