Season 3 (nBSG)

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 3 (nBSG)

Post by Mark »

And now we start season three. Personally, I think this whole New Caprica storyline was awful. It seemed to be very little point in it except to finally villify Baltar and show dissention in the Cylon ranks. I also really hated the "jumping ahead one year".....we missed vital pieces of character development. Hell, Tigh and Starbuck actually get along now!

Anyway, there is an overweight Apollo (who doesn't look like he can even fit in a Viper cockpit anymore), that I REALLY wasn't feeling (of course I've never cared for the actors portrayal anyway)...a one eyed Col. Tigh (I think he looks cool like a pirate)...and a commissioned cylon officer.

All in all, the best part of the first four episodes seems to have been the firey death of Pegasus. Hail and fairwell mighty Battlestar.

I REALLY hope season three gets better.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 3 (nBSG)

Post by Deepcrush »

It won't..............
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Aye, complete crap from here on.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Deepcrush wrote:It won't..............

:bangwall:

Of all the character, Ellen Tigh surprised me the most. I thought she was either a damned cylon collaberator, or was gonna sleep with Zerik and try to use him to take power herself.

And now Zerik is a good guy????? And did I see some sort of romance potential between he and Laura?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:All in all, the best part of the first four episodes seems to have been the firey death of Pegasus. Hail and fairwell mighty Battlestar.
Absolutely. In fact, I wouldn't stop with Pegasus - the Battle of New Caprica is, IMO, the best sci-fi battle since Endor.
I REALLY hope season three gets better.
You've just seen the best of it, unfortunately. I think it picked up somewhat in s4, but from a pretty point point.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, from here until the mid-point of S4 the show takes a serious dive in terms of quality.

And yeah, the Battle of New Caprica was brilliant. 8)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

95% of it is crap, but I think it ends well. I like Crossroads 1 and 2.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm starting to lose interest I'm sorry to say. Learning about Bulldog, Adama, and the Valkeryie was mildly interesting....but the damned boxing match crossing at least two episodes is getting really old. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't rewatching the same episode on accident.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it really does start to drag once the post-New Caprica fallout has been dealt with. It picks up again in the last few eps of S3, though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Damn, now I've just got to get through this utter shit. :bangwall:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:I'm starting to lose interest I'm sorry to say. Learning about Bulldog, Adama, and the Valkeryie was mildly interesting....but the damned boxing match crossing at least two episodes is getting really old. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't rewatching the same episode on accident.
It does pick up! I have it on decent authority -- i believe from the BSG wiki (or maybe just the BSG entry on Wikipedia) that in the Third Season the network wanted to get away from the "complicated story arcs" and essentially made them rework the last half of the season into a series of stand-alone episodes. The beginning of the season is, IMO trying to establish that the scars of New Caprica run deep. And then they scrap the character development for a couple of standalones because the network wanted them to which proves not to work.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd stop jumping around in time. Adama and the President? Yes or No? Apollo and Starbuck? WFT!?? Anders and Dee get the shit end of the stick?

So much damned drama.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:It wouldn't be so bad if they'd stop jumping around in time. Adama and the President? Yes or No? Apollo and Starbuck? WFT!?? Anders and Dee get the s**t end of the stick?

So much damned drama.
I could tell you, but there lie spoilers.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Part of me wants to say tell me so I can skip ahead.........but I know if I do I'll regret it later :wink:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Mark wrote:I'm starting to lose interest I'm sorry to say. Learning about Bulldog, Adama, and the Valkeryie was mildly interesting....but the damned boxing match crossing at least two episodes is getting really old. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't rewatching the same episode on accident.
It does pick up! I have it on decent authority -- i believe from the BSG wiki (or maybe just the BSG entry on Wikipedia) that in the Third Season the network wanted to get away from the "complicated story arcs" and essentially made them rework the last half of the season into a series of stand-alone episodes. The beginning of the season is, IMO trying to establish that the scars of New Caprica run deep. And then they scrap the character development for a couple of standalones because the network wanted them to which proves not to work.
That's exactly it. The studio execs wanted to move to an episodic formula like other sci-fi shows at the time had, which resulted in a boatload of completely unconnected and unimportant (and in one case uncanonical) episodes. Exactly why they wanted this when the story arc formula had resulted in one of the biggest sci-fi success in terms of ratings in a long time (soundly beating out Enterprise) is an utter mystery to me.

IIRC, they also wanted to bring aliens into the show as well but Olmos threatened to leave the show if they kept fucking with it, so they dropped it.