Season 2 (nBSG)

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 2 (nBSG)

Post by Mark »

Since I just started this season, I just realized it'd make more sense for me to chat about season 2 in its own thread. At the moment, I've just finished watching the crew of the Galactica repel its Cylon borders, found Starbuck stranded on Caprical, and wondering if a Cylon can REALLY get pregnant.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 2 (nBSG)

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Enjoying Tigh being the leader of the fleet? :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Yeah......that doesn't fit at all. It seems like he's gonna have a damned breakdown at any given moment.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

He's never been well set for that kind of position. What he is is the number one XO you'll ever find. Loyal to the bones for Adama and hard as nails when it comes to doing any mission the boss calls on.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok...just watched Adama wake up, and Boomer get shot. Apollo and the pres are in hiding and it looks like all hell is gonna break loose. Why do I get the feeling that Tigh's wife is going to try and instigate a take over or mutiny?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What the hell is a Battlestars Viper complement? It seems like they've got around four squadrens flying around in that little circle jerk with the Pegasus's Vipers.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:What the hell is a Battlestars Viper complement? It seems like they've got around four squadrens flying around in that little circle jerk with the Pegasus's Vipers.
In oBSG it was 120 IIRC. I think nBSG may have similar numbers.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And each squadren is twelve right?

BTW, I just noticed that in the opening credits of each episode, the number of survivors keeps changing. How cool is that?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:And each squadren is twelve right?
I don't know, seems like it changes. Sometimes I've seen five or six. Sometimes they move in swarms.
BTW, I just noticed that in the opening credits of each episode, the number of survivors keeps changing. How cool is that?
Very cool, I like that they kept up with the numbers of survivors.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Pretty sad that they can keep track of a population of just under 50,000.........and Voyager screwed up a crew of less than 200 :roll:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:
Mark wrote:What the hell is a Battlestars Viper complement? It seems like they've got around four squadrens flying around in that little circle jerk with the Pegasus's Vipers.
In oBSG it was 120 IIRC. I think nBSG may have similar numbers.
I believe the number of Vipers is determined in a similar way to the size of ships in the Stargate Universe: In Direct Proportion to how cool it needs to look on screen 8)
Mark wrote: BTW, I just noticed that in the opening credits of each episode, the number of survivors keeps changing. How cool is that?
It's interesting to see after a major battle or evacuation too, when you're left wondering: "Hm, I wonder what that cost them. Oh, last episode they had THIS many, and this episode they have this many, let me do the math!"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

As of Acts of Contrition the Viper complement of Galactica was 40 Vipers (mostly MK2s with a few MK7s).
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Does it seem to anybody else that the Viper complement never seems to visually go down?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Pegasus has facilities to build new Vipers, so it's not too big an issue at this point.

It's the Raptors you need to watch out for. Those buggers have VOY Shuttle Syndrome. :wink:
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Mark wrote:BTW, I just noticed that in the opening credits of each episode, the number of survivors keeps changing. How cool is that?
If you don't mind spoilers, here is the battlestar wiki Survivor count.

Yeah, it gets depressing, especially as you look at the graph and see it steadily heads downward. Combine that with the need for skilled people to train others (especially Doc Cottle - the main doctor), plus the need to make sure everyone knows basic damage control (wind on a starship = bad), things get pretty interesting for the survivors.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)