Cure for Cancer

Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cure for Cancer

Post by Atekimogus »

I don't know if this was already answered somewhere but one thing bugging me was how easily they cured President Roswell the first time off her cancer only by infusing the blood of the unborn hybrid-child but noone iirc makes even the slightest mention if Hera would mind donating a few drops of blood a second time to save the president.

Am I missing something? Was there a dialogue line I missed dealing with this issue?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Cure for Cancer

Post by Sionnach Glic »

My own theory is that during the time that Hera was in the possession of the Cylons Roslin's cancer became too serious to combat any more.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Wait, didn't they have Hera when her cancer came back? I mean, Hera was brought back around the same time Baltar was captured and his trial was pending.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The blood transfusion thing stopped working for some unknown reason.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Maybe something having to do with maybe the cancer mutated in response to Hera's blood? Or maybe the fetus blood of Hera was more potent than her as a child?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:Or maybe the fetus blood of Hera was more potent than her as a child?
That, IIRC is the official line - I recall hearing somewhere (might have been direct from RDM in a podcast or something) that it was stem cells from the foetus that saved Roslin the first time round.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.